1st try at a portrait.

scubabear6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P7294543a.jpg

Something about the edges of the guy fisting his crotch annoys me. I probably would have moved the branches at his elbow out of scene. They are a lovely looking couple.

What were your settings? Did you use a flash?

it's good that you used fill flash, and used the sun as a hair light! it works well and is balanced with the ambient lighting.

next time, try putting your flash off your camera about 45 degrees to your subject and having the background a stop darker than your subjects. It gives good separation and depth.

Something about the edges of the guy fisting his crotch annoys me. I probably would have moved the branches at his elbow out of scene. They are a lovely looking couple.

What were your settings? Did you use a flash?
Didn't even notice that but did notice I cut her off at the knees and fingers. I thought about the branch but kinda liked it in.
I shot at focal length 57mm
shutter was 1/400
f-stop F4.5
Fill flash with a diffuser straight up.

it's good that you used fill flash, and used the sun as a hair light! it works well and is balanced with the ambient lighting.

next time, try putting your flash off your camera about 45 degrees to your subject and having the background a stop darker than your subjects. It gives good separation and depth.
I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Where you aware that the cell phone was showing? You might want to take that out when you print it, but great job on your first portrait, good lighting

What kind of diffuser do you use? I want to get such a thing...
It's a homemade one. I found it on the internet and made it. Actually works quite well. I don't have the website any more but I could send you the instructions as I have them on a word program.

It's a homemade one. I found it on the internet and made it. Actually works quite well. I don't have the website any more but I could send you the instructions as I have them on a word program.

That would be great! You can use PM.

Most reactions

Back