2 enter or not 2 enter - local fair photography contest

msf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive been trying to decide if I should enter the local fair's photo contest. The main reason for doing it is for name recognition, but I dont think the names will be that large. And appearantly a ton of people enter a ton of pictures, mostly are not so good, so im not sure I want to be associated with that sort of contest.

The prize payout for first place is $3 I believe. $2 for 2nd and $1 for 3rd. doesnt even cover the cost of gas to go there to drop the picture off before the fair so I dont have to pay the crazy gate price.

Do you all enter the local fair's photo contest?

I did this summer, just for a chance to have the judge critique it. I found it very educational and ended up knowing a lot more for going.... even got an honourable mention :)

I had to re-read that a couple of times. THREE dollars! lol Might as well give you a gold star sticker on it.

I would have to say do it. Have you entered in any competitions yet. Hell I do free ones just for fun! Never know who you meet because of it or who the judges might be. Do it for the love of Photography

I had to re-read that a couple of times. THREE dollars! lol Might as well give you a gold star sticker on it.

Well I wouldnt be doing it to get rich. : )

If I were to enter, I wonder if I should stick a business card in the frame corner. :)

Also a local place *well an hour away so not to local* had an ad on craigslist asking for local artists to submit thier work to be sold in their store. Apperantly they only ask 20% of the sale price, no other fees. :) I may have to submit some work for that. :)

I was playing with the money thing. I will say that I have submitted my own photos to a couple of contest here in the small town I live in also. My reason for doing it was to get feedback on where I am now and also as mentioned to meet others in my area. By no means is my stuff quality to sell so I am grateful to get the chance for others to see my stuff. Good luck to you if you do decide to enter.

I entered some of my photos in our local fair. Some of them got 10/10 but didn't win. I found the ones they really love are of little kids. More of a "cute" factor, not on how good the actual picture is. I'm not an expert at photography at all, but I was definitely suprised at some of the pictures they picked to win, they looked like snap shots. Anyways, good luck, hope this helps :)

This will be my third year entering in our fair. The prizes are not much, I just do it for fun. I like to look at all the pictures and see how my pictures compare with the other amateurs. Our show is limited to amateurs. Last time I got a ribbon for 7th place for one and an honorable mention on another. My first year my pictures were dreadful but many of the pictures aren't very good. I find it to be a lot of fun though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back