2 flipped photos, which..

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I actually found that I can flip these Photos!
Have seen people here suggest ot have done it but I never thought about doing it!
Maybe there is hope for me learning to pp after all?!

Not my greatest but curious on your thoughts..
Thank you.
20201104_193438.jpg

20201104_193534.jpg

20201104_193009.jpg

20201104_192022.jpg

#1 and 4 are the originals.

I do it all the time. Enough that I now see it before I take the photo and plan the flip in the process of composing the image. But you have to deal with the sign -- writing gives it away. The 2nd photo is a nice shot.

Sign? No problem!!!!!

39665-1604545438-cf9969ed7cd2a69f111f7624aa79b96d.jpg

As, said they look fine, sign excepted.

OK like #2 after the sign was fixed by 480sparky, and also like #3 better than #4.

I like both of the flipped images but on the second set it appears as though the flipped image also has different processing as well. It looks like it has more contrast which could be skewing my preference.
I also agree there is too much blue for my liking.

More incredible scenes. I would still be so excited, I'd be permanently sleep-deprived if I knew I had images like these to process. You cannot master Mother Nature, so why do you want to flip them anyway? Just a curious question from me. No hidden meanings, I promise you.

Always fun to see if you like the flipped version. In these I prefer #1 and #3. I like the way they lead my eye in these 2.

My daughter always flips photos of herself! She thinks she looks weird in the regulator photos. I try to tell her it’s because she parts her hair on the side and is used to seeing herself in the mirror!

The nice thing about 1 & 4 is they have more depth because distant mountains are softer.
2 & 3 show too much mountain detail and compresses the image.

I like both of the flipped images but on the second set it appears as though the flipped image also has different processing as well. It looks like it has more contrast which could be skewing my preference.
I also agree there is too much blue for my liking.

I barely touched the coloring because I am not sure if I am helping or hurting it. :{
Thank you for the insight, am learning to move ahead...

More incredible scenes. I would still be so excited, I'd be permanently sleep-deprived if I knew I had images like these to process. You cannot master Mother Nature, so why do you want to flip them anyway? Just a curious question from me. No hidden meanings, I promise you.

Thank you. Yes, I am beginning to see how people can become so consumed. This July I actually started on FB to family with some photos, email for other family, and TPF... Now I have to keep track of who/which I posted to!
I only flipped it because I found an unknown button to push ... :)

PP what would some do without it? Does anyone take a photo and allow it to rise or fail on it's own merit or lack thereof? So much manipulation and gimmickry place questions on any digitally made landscape. Remove objects , add objects flip PHOTOSHOP. Call me old fashioned (at 80 I plead guilty) but I never manipulate images, it is worthy or it is not. As OLIVER CROMWELL said when sitting for his portrait, "Paint me as I am warts and all".

Most reactions

Back