2 for CC (think i should stick to sports)

C&C per req;

1. Nice expression on the subject, but unfortunately there are some technical issues: The image is at least 2 stops under-exposed, the white-balance isn't quite right. Artistically, the composition doesn't work at all; you've made good use of selective focus, but the crop is far too tight. I would crop some of the dead space image left; I think you've tried to incorporate the "rule" of thirds here, but don't take it quite so literally.

2. Technically, a much nicer image; a bit of shadow on the faces that might have been alleviated with some fill light, but nothing that can't be corrected in post. Artistically I think the subjects represent too little of the overall image, and while the surrounds are nice, I would have zoomed in a little more tightly.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

1) I opened this in PS. I think it needs + 1.25 stops of exposure compensation, plus a white balance adjustment, and then some slight color correction, The background rendering is jarring, and even though it is not in the EXIF information, I would bet you a dollar that this shot was done with the Canon 50mm 1.8 lens...it tends to create this same,exact, jarring out of focus background look.

2) Better! Just a better-composed image. Perhaps still a tad but under-exposed though, but this is so much nicer a rendering of autumn or fall. The sky colors look a slight bit odd to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back