2 New Pics Manual/Portrait mode. (opinions)

I didnt edit either of these

You just need to post them here please. I tried to open them on Flickr, and they must be huge. Never would download and give me an image. It is not Flickr, my page and others pop up in a heartbeat....

Needs better lighting, it also seems that the White Balance is off. Not interesting, it really just isn't much of a image.

Ummm...ok...They are just lights, lights that you decided to blur so much that you got a bokeh effect. Once again there just isn't an interesting subject.

Don't let this discourage you, you are just learning. I challenge you to go out to the busiest place within 15 miles and photograph the people there. Find a subject that displays emotions just as openly as they display their appearance. In other words, connect with your subject.

Gabe

Im going to the city this weekend gabe! I accecpt!

You are in New York...that is perfect!

“There is nothing worse than a brilliant image of a fuzzy concept.”
--Ansel Adams

If the picture sucks that is fine. Your eye for a subject will take longer to develop than ability to set the exposure.

Awrite mate, there are guys and gals on here way better than I am at this stuff, but for what its worth here's my tuppence:

Shot 1: yep, the white balance is off (try setting a custom white balance in these situations, it helps, lots. And it's pretty simple).Cool trainers but IMO there is too much stuff in the background that detracts from the image so you need to find a different way of presenting them, that may be as a macro shot of some detail, with the background in some kind of context that fits with the shoes or like a product shot, lit in a cool way with a white or black background (the right angle with white or black fabric behind can work or a reflective surface)

Shot 2: I see where you are trying to go here and it may be the start of a cool image, well balanced in a set of three might produce a mildly pleasing wallhanger, but your composition must be better, and to my eye the background completley black. There are a few good photos of people with the same effect in the background but as a stand alone photo you need some kind of interest/focal point

Hope you take it as constructive.

Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back