2 new shots from my new favorite place

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My new favorite place, that I can't believe I didn't know about, is just 20 minutes from my house, in a park that I visit often. Sunset lake is on one side, and about 30 feet away is Sanctuary Marsh, where I found this very friendly Heron.

great_blue.jpg

sunset_lake.jpg

Man, you are too awesome! Keep up the excellent work! :thumbup: :)

#1 is just perfect!!! I like the second shot to but the color and crispness of the first is just gorgeous!!!

Digital Matt said:
Thanks guys :)

Yes Jon, #2 is with a Hoya R72. 1 minute, 20 second exposure at f/8 on my 50.

ok man....i will have one in my hands by the end of day tomorrow! hmmmmm, wonder how a crow would look IR

ah...we have stuffed ones. yeah, i know, we're getting desperate! ;)

is the filter really dark and can you achieve good results TTL metering?

The filter is almost opaque. Metering is pointless. I shoot at f/8 because focusing is so tricky with IR. So, a typical exposure at f/8 is usually ISO 200, anywhere from 20 seconds, to 2 minutes, depending on light. It's trial and error in every situation. You want to get as much exposure as you can though, because you'll introduce noise if you have to crank up a shot that is a few stops underexposed at 30 seconds or more.

oh gosh, the bird is just beautiful... a crow??? :D

Beautiful shots Matt.. the colors int eh first are gorgeous, only wish i saw the entire shadow, neverthless its beautiful.. love the tone in teh second
nice work :thumbsup:

work of art! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back