TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think?

RedRoseFinal-1.jpg

FlowerinhandFinal-Cropped.jpg

Last edited:
The rose looks out of focus on here on my monitor. Does it looks like that to you too? It is in focus in photoshop and windows pic viewer. Must of been when i shrunk down the file size.

get closer to the subjects. you'll find the photos will become more appealing

Why is everyone calling that a rose? Isn't it a lily? I'm no botanist though..

I like that you put it in a sculpture wooden hand thing, that's more thought than most people put into a photo.

1- The flower is out of focus. Make sure you were not too close to it as lenses have a minimal focusing distance. I'm also not liking the angle from top down, trying moving around and taking 8-10 pictures in all different angles.

2- I also like the idea of the sculpture holding the flower, nice touch
I'm not really liking the overall lighting, looks like you used the popup flash. If you are having issues with slow shutterr, then use a tripod or something to steady the image. Same comments on the center composition not being appealing

Why is everyone calling that a rose? Isn't it a lily? I'm no botanist though..

I like that you put it in a sculpture wooden hand thing, that's more thought than most people put into a photo.

The rose is up there now. I tried to reupload it and see if it would stay in focus but didnt work.

1- The flower is out of focus. Make sure you were not too close to it as lenses have a minimal focusing distance. I'm also not liking the angle from top down, trying moving around and taking 8-10 pictures in all different angles.

2- I also like the idea of the sculpture holding the flower, nice touch
I'm not really liking the overall lighting, looks like you used the popup flash. If you are having issues with slow shutterr, then use a tripod or something to steady the image. Same comments on the center composition not being appealing

I was messing around with off centering it but i didnt like all the dead space that created. Any sugestions?

AH! Now I see the rose.. sorry.

I like the darkness of this a lot, it would be a nice photo if you got the focus right.

That's much nicer. I like the texture and the darkness of it

AH! Now I see the rose.. sorry.

I like the darkness of this a lot, it would be a nice photo if you got the focus right.

This one is in better focus. I uploaded it again.

RedRose.jpg
Yes, better focus.

The light and the shape of the rose really give me a sense of movement. So, I did some editing and some basic graphical artwork (2):

RedRose.jpg

RoseBCollage.jpg

Last edited:
Yep! Definitely like the new upload of the rose! :sillysmi:

Can I ask what your set up was???

I had it sitting on the wooden hand like the other flower and put the flash off to the right at 90 degrees from the camera. The background is just black cardboard. Then i just blacked out everything but the rose in photoshop. Here is the original photo. The flash i believe was on 1/4 or 1/8 power.

167.jpg

Most reactions

Back