2 pictures: one edited, one original. Need opinions!

vansnxtweek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks, I'm really happy with the pictures I got last night. The only problem is that a couple of bushes were in the way and I couldn't really find away around them. So I'm posting one that I cropped and added a border, and I'm also putting up the original. Please tell me if the bushes kill the picture. I would like to enlarge the original because I know the cropped version will lose a lot of the quality.

Thanks!

Here is the original:
IMG_1456.jpg

Here is the edited one:
okaye3.jpg

I don't think the bushes kill the photo, but I like the cropped one better. I don't think that anything that was cropped out added anything to the photo.

I don't think the bushes kill the photo, but I like the cropped one better. I don't think that anything that was cropped out added anything to the photo.

+1 :thumbup:

I agree with MRISH, in fact, if you removed the bushes the picture would not be as good as the cropped one.

I like the cropped version. However, just for the heck of it, I tried an edit. It isn't quite as clean as it could be using a high-res photo instead of this one.

IMG_1456.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Taylor..what all did you do in the editing? Just remove the bushes? I really need some better editing software I see..

Yeah, I just removed them with Content-aware fill in CS5. Then I had to go and clone some patched in just to make it a little cleaner. Thats what I did around the shore area too. The bush out in the water was really quick and easy.

Okay cool. I really appreciate it man! I think it looks great like that.

I vote for the original crop, but not cropped quite as much on the left, so there is a little space to lead in to the dock. The amount of foreground in the other one seems like a bit much, imo.

Most reactions

Back