2 Year Old Shots

JPA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am going to be taking a few shots of a 2 year old tomorrow. Possibly on/around tractors and farmland. I have a few ideas that I am really excited to try out. Anyone have any others that they would like to share?

Have all the ideas you want..... the only one that will work will be the very first one. After that, it is totally up to the toddler.

p!nK

Haha, that is what I figured! Just let him do his thing and see what I get!

Cough syrup might help, maybe you could photoshop the glaze in his eyes out... Please post some shots when you're finished I'd love to see how it turned out.

LOL...as a mother of a two year old and someone who loves to photography her I suggest taking his/her lead. For instance, the more you try and get them to pose, the more they will most likely refuse. Try playing a game of simon says =) Do silly faces and moves to keep them interested and then throw in a few you really would love to see. Pretend as if the camera wasn't attached to your face, lol. Engage in a conversation that you know he/she will be interested with. The wonderful part of photographing a 2 yr old, yes there is a little one, is that they are so innocent and tend to create their own priceless moments. Since I always photography my daughter, I can honestly say that I don't always get the ideal settings and light situations because she is always on the move. lol...can we say post proc? haha...HAVE FUN!!! Can't wait to see!!!
P.S. Does the child know you?

Ok simon says does sound a whole lot better than cough syrup and probably will have less law suits... maybe go that route

I haven't tried it, but i read a tip - you put a (not too tight) elastic-band around a couple of the child's fingers..and this occupies the kid while you make photos.

I haven't tried it, but i read a tip - you put a (not too tight) elastic-band around a couple of the child's fingers..and this occupies the kid while you make photos.

Unfortunately they want to take photos and not make them ;) I would think the kid would be looking down at his hands the whole time then. My youngest has a 2 pose limit and then he is done, my niece has a one bribe limit after that the next bribe does not work.

I am going to be taking a few shots of a 2 year old tomorrow. Possibly on/around tractors and farmland. I have a few ideas that I am really excited to try out. Anyone have any others that they would like to share?

Make sure all the farm equipment is off.

Yeah, letting Timmy get too close to a running thresher would be a problem. At least make sure you're not to close if you do or you'll never get the stains out.

Yeah, letting Timmy get too close to a running thresher would be a problem. At least make sure you're not to close if you do or you'll never get the stains out.

Throw him in the back and shoot the bits as they fly out :lol:

I always let them press the shutter button on my camera a couple times, they love buttons and the sound the lens makes when it focuses. After that they are usually obsessed with the camera and are looking at it most of the time :)

I always let them press the shutter button on my camera a couple times, they love buttons and the sound the lens makes when it focuses. After that they are usually obsessed with the camera and are looking at it most of the time :)

i was going to say something rude but had to bite my lip

Most reactions

New Topics

Back