$200

julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so regardless of your photography stature, if you had $200 to spend at a photography store, what would you get? Would you add to the money and get something big or would you get little needed things?

( I just need some ideas, I want a million things)

thanks
j

I shoot with a Canon 20D.... I have a 28-135mm, 75-300mm, 24-70mm, 580EX flash, only 2 1G cards, little diffuser, a stroboframe..think that's about it?

I've just bought one of those Canon 50mm f1.8 lenses, fixed focus but a nice fast lens, ideal for portraits and low-light photography!

Perhaps put one of those on your list? Not sure how much more the f1.4 version is, might be worth getting that if it's in your budget.

And a nice camera case/backpack to keep everything in if you have some money left over!

You don't have a lens wider than 24mm? To me, that would be a major hindrance. I'd suggest looking into a wider lens. Oh ya, and a tripod.

Firstly Dean, you're hysterical! Yes, I own a bag or two. I just sold my 17-35mm sigma lens that I just didn't like. Which wider lens would you suggest mike?
thanks

Well, $200 would get you the 'kit' lens, 18-55...but there are much better lenses avaliable...for more money.

I have the kit, I also have the Canon 17-85 IS, which is basically the EF-S version of your 28-135. Those two were a little too slow for my liking, so I got the Tamron 17-50 F2.8 lens...great lens, highly recommended. If you really have some money to spend...the Canon 17-55 F2.8 IS, is the best lens in this range.

Also, you could go really wide. Sometime today I'll be receiving my newest lens, the Canon 10-22mm.

good info. I would be so excited if that lens was coming in the mail to ME today! You have to let us know how it is. I am going to look into the Tamron lens you just mentioned. Thanks!

i would take the 200$ and go online and buy this nikon coolpix p5000 with but of lenses and other things he was selling all of it for just 200

Most reactions

Back