$200

Personally if I had $200 and I did not know what I wanted to buy I would just save it but that's just me.

If you shoot landscapes, get high quality GND filters and holder, after you get a tripod.

I'd get a Sandisk 8 gig card and a Polaroid + film.

I shoot with a Canon 20D.... I have a 28-135mm, 75-300mm, 24-70mm, 580EX flash, only 2 1G cards, little diffuser, a stroboframe..think that's about it?

Hmm... $200 doesn't really buy much. :)
gallery_456.jpg
Looking at your lens lineup, as others have pointed out, you could use something in the wide/wider angle range. I'm also curious to know what the aperture range for the 75-300mm is.

Basically, I'm thinking that $200 could go towards a 16/17mm-35/75mm type lens, something that can be wide open at f/2.8 throughout the zoom range.

For the 75-300mm, if it isn't f/2.8 throughout the zoom range, perhaps investing in a lens that does have that capability. Perhaps the 70-200 f/2.8 or the 70-200 f/4.

Since you only have 2 1GB cards, my other recommendation would be to get yourself some 4GB cards. I used to have 1GB cards, but with my current camera, I go with 4GB cards only. A 4GB card will set you back about $50-$100 / card, depending on the speed rating.

Don't know what diffuser you are using, but you might consider investing in a larger diffuser. Perhaps one of the Gary Fong ones.

If none of the above is helpful, but you are wanting to do better white balance/exposure control, you might consider getting an ExpoDisc.

In either case, happy spending!

ill take the pentax K1000 with that 50mm 1.7, a holga, two rolls of 120 TriX and spend the rest on Ilford Pan F+

Well, $200 would get you the 'kit' lens, 18-55...but there are much better lenses avaliable...for more money.

I have the kit, I also have the Canon 17-85 IS, which is basically the EF-S version of your 28-135. Those two were a little too slow for my liking, so I got the Tamron 17-50 F2.8 lens...great lens, highly recommended. If you really have some money to spend...the Canon 17-55 F2.8 IS, is the best lens in this range.

Also, you could go really wide. Sometime today I'll be receiving my newest lens, the Canon 10-22mm.

Little more than $200 but I would like the Canon 17-55 F2.8 or the Canon 10-22.

If you shoot landscapes, get high quality GND filters and holder, after you get a tripod.

I 2nd this. I just got my GND setup and love it. I would add a circular polarizer to your filter collection too.

Most reactions

Back