What's new

2006 Pontiac GTO: Red Goat

TheoGraphics

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
392
Reaction score
202
Location
Houston, Texas
Trying out a different style for these shots of a 2006 GTO. You can see the rest on MY BLOG!


This thing was a beast, sounded mean as hell!


i-s4HdMC4-X3.jpg



i-5sQtrNh-X3.jpg



i-n7r4qnK-X3.jpg



i-QtRtVB7-X3.jpg



i-Jdw7MJF-X3.jpg



i-qFZNnnM-X3.jpg



i-N9MSsGV-X2.jpg
 
Nice car, i have a pontiac G8 that as pretty much the same engine...
ls2 block

ls3 intake
L98 heads(baby LS7 as they say)
AFM (active fuel managment).


its a pretty fun car.

2675_169666195366_3494642_n.jpg


the day i bought it, in 2009.
 
Last edited:
Like the last shot a lot. the close up shots all look like you were just standing there looking down, a bit to much similarity for me. first couple shots have some good color contrast to them.
 
Nice set, Theo.

All the shots are clean, well exposed and great color. I'd like to see more of a variety in the types of images. There's nothing wrong with any of these images, but I feel like I've seen all of them from any other great car photog.

Most of your other work is "on a whole 'notha level", so by comparison these don't quite hit the mark.

PS: This is totally just my opinion, but the intentional sun flare shot is getting to be in the same category as the selective color bridal bouquet… :lol:
 
Impressive light wrangling. Were you working with lighting equipment or was this natural light?
 
Like the last shot a lot. the close up shots all look like you were just standing there looking down, a bit to much similarity for me. first couple shots have some good color contrast to them.

thanks for your CC! looking at them now, i can see what you mean. i have other shots where i was laying/kneeling etc, but i felt these had the best lines on them from the natural light. i can see how they could be repetitive though. i'll keep that in mind for next time.

Nice car, i have a pontiac G8 that as pretty much the same engine...
ls2 block

ls3 intake
L98 heads(baby LS7 as they say)
AFM (active fuel managment).


its a pretty fun car.

2675_169666195366_3494642_n.jpg


the day i bought it, in 2009.

very nice! the g8 is a very underrated car.

Nice set, Theo.

All the shots are clean, well exposed and great color. I'd like to see more of a variety in the types of images. There's nothing wrong with any of these images, but I feel like I've seen all of them from any other great car photog.

Most of your other work is "on a whole 'notha level", so by comparison these don't quite hit the mark.

PS: This is totally just my opinion, but the intentional sun flare shot is getting to be in the same category as the selective color bridal bouquet… :lol:

i tend to agree with you about this set. i like the shots, but to me, they aren't my best work. i suppose you sometimes have to have some low sets to have high ones, haha!

Impressive light wrangling. Were you working with lighting equipment or was this natural light?

all natural with the exception of the first two (speedlight behind the car) and the profile shot (two speedlights on either end)

Wonderful; last is my fav. :D

thanks!
 
WOW. Last shot is awesome!!

Don't need to turn this into a car thread...but I have one too lol
 
Pontiac folded, right? That's ashame. I had a 1999 Grand Am (which some kid totaled) and now a 1998 Sunfire w/133K miles (99.9% rusted & barely hanging on to life) and ADS speakers, Kicker subs. I love driving and listening to classic RnR in the car - one of my favorite past times!

Some of those new Chargers, Barracudas, etc. are very different from their predecessors. Not very sexy or streamlined.
 
Pretty pictures of an Australian beauty.
 
An EXCELLENT set of images. I really like the shot of the dash board, interior, and spoiler.

The last image is STUNNING.
 
I'm not a car person, but these are amazing photos. The triptych arrangement works well on some. Congrats on a job well done.
 
Thanks very much, everyone! I used to not be the biggest fan of the new GTO, but I have to say that it's growing on me. Can't quite match up to the other GTOs that I've shot though...

Judge-L.jpg


O%27Quinn%20Collection%20-%20Theo-Graphics%2010-X3.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom