What's new

2008 Ford GT 500

littlemt

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
72
Reaction score
11
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot at 12:30 am, in the darkness, with the lights of Albuquerque contaminating the scene.

sp-7.jpg
 
Oh wow. I love this. Especially the hint of stars in the backdrop.
 
That background REALLY pulls your eye from the car. Heavily.
 
Correcting the white balance would take care of the orange sky.
 
I definitely like the last one better. An additional light on our right would have helped a little.
 
Interesting, to me, shot #1 is one of the best to ever come out of my $129 camera, but I love the feedback.

Another:


sp-5.jpg
 

Attachments

  • $sp-5.webp
    $sp-5.webp
    103.4 KB · Views: 73
  • $sp-6.webp
    $sp-6.webp
    104.9 KB · Views: 68
What kind of lighting are you using? I have a cheap camera too... can't find it at the moment, but when it does turn up I may want to try some night shots. Thus far, I have only tried it without a good source of light and it is dreadful.

I remember back in Photography class being floored when I learned there was a 3200 ISO film that could capture pictures in near absolute darkness. Digital point and shoot just doesn't pull off dark shots.
 
What kind of lighting are you using? I have a cheap camera too... can't find it at the moment, but when it does turn up I may want to try some night shots. Thus far, I have only tried it without a good source of light and it is dreadful.

I remember back in Photography class being floored when I learned there was a 3200 ISO film that could capture pictures in near absolute darkness. Digital point and shoot just doesn't pull off dark shots.


I shot ISO 160 - 250.

Camera is on a tripod, 15 - 20 second exposure, lens open at f/1.8, and I light paint with a small cheap led torch.
 
Oooh... Light painting. Had to Google it but sounds interesting.

I feel like I am missing an appendage today without my camera. I still swear my little one ran off with it... though she swears she didn't. I suppose it could have been the cat.
 
I would have light painted as well... you can do it easily with an LED flashlight. Subjects are just too dark in general; backgrounds look good, but the cars are just too dark.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom