What's new

2010 Mazda Speed 3

littlemt

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
72
Reaction score
11
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot with my $129 Olympus:

shot in pitch darkness and cloudy conditions....
1.)
mb-2.jpg


2.)
mb-3.jpg


3.)
mb-4.jpg


4.)
mb-5.jpg
 
This is one of the best set of car images i have seen so far here :thumbsup:
 
You oughtta tell people you shot these with a Canon 5D Mark III and expensive L-glass. That would sound more believable.

"Ya done good!"
 
You could teach the car class. Well done!
 
Nice work, especially when the gear is taken into account.

I'd suggest a bit more light for the bottom (like, around the bumper) of the car in the first. The fall off is a little steep for my liking.
 
a few day shots with the olympus, this was at a large car meet in a parking structure, cars were parked everywhere, and there was a huge crowd, it was ha to get shots off, and I had no control
over how the cars were parked, so in these type of settings it is hard to get good images, as opposed to a more personal setting where I can control how the car is parked for better composing.


1.)
deso-1.jpg


2.)
deso-2.jpg


3.)
deso-3.jpg
 
i used to praying for light...but now i feell let the darkness prevail ;)
 
i used to praying for light...but now i feell let the darkness prevail ;)

there is a uniqueness to shooting in the darkness, and it is tons of fun......
 
is there a lot of post editing to make these shots look spectacular?
 
is there a lot of post editing to make these shots look spectacular?


I spend about 3 - 5 minutes in photoshop, resizing, noise reduction if needed, add some contrast and maybe sharpening, and thats it.
 
That's a little misleading since that camera was $500 new. However, very nice shots! What did you light the car with?

4 is my fav.
 
That's a little misleading since that camera was $500 new. However, very nice shots! What did you light the car with?

4 is my fav.


I bought this clunker from Cameta for $129, I think it's 4 years old by now, a 12 megapixel jalopy...


I lit the car with a simple $2.99 led flashlight.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom