2012 Fatboy taken with Galaxy S3

scotts2014se

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$photo.jpg

I hope you posted this for C&C.

Here is a perfect example of why photographic gear is of secondary importance. The photograph looks perfectly focused and exposed, which speaks well of your camera.

However; if you would like to see what else you can do, try posing this machine in a better location, and experiment with various types and directions of light.

Suggestion: Ride out to a country setting, or urban setting with a different background. Get there around the middle of the afternoon, and stay until dusk, taking many pictures as the light changes. Of course, you'll want to move the bike around as the sunlight moves. Shoot high, low, detail shots, etc.

Then put your phone back into your pocket and return home in full anticipation of enjoying some delectable photos.

Here is a perfect example of why photographic gear is of secondary importance. The photograph looks perfectly focused and exposed, which speaks well of your camera.

Not for a pixel peeper like me.

Looks decent enough at 300px wide, sure.

I hope you posted this for C&C.

I would not say this is a perfect example at all..its just a simple snapshot whether done with a phone or a camera. If you look better not everything IS in focus.

I appreciate all constructive criticism. This was just a pic of chance. When I pulled up and saw the reflection in the water , I had to reposition the bike and get a shot which I was surprised at how well it turned out coming from my phone.

The reflection is what I noticed first, but honestly, it needs the entire reflection to make it a good shot. I like the idea, but this leaves me wanting more.

Well, alright, I realize that I'm not a good judge of focus on the interwebz.

The reflection is what I noticed first, but honestly, it needs the entire reflection to make it a good shot. I like the idea, but this leaves me wanting more.

It does me too. But, I'm glad I got the shot, and I have tried to find a location I could flood and be able to get the full reflection, and so far , no luck.

I got to looking through my files and found this one which is the one I meant to post.
$2013-08-16 22.31.18 (1).JPG

^^^That one looks pretty nice to me. When the color palette is limited like that, the chrome (?) really stands out and makes the bike feel heavy and powerful, yet at the same time curvy and sexy.

it does look nice but small almost always does and even though I hate to add to the side conversation this image does nothing to make me think the gear doesn't matter

Most reactions

New Topics

Back