What's new

2013 Amelia Island Concours D'elegance

gw2424

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 24, 2012
Messages
566
Reaction score
55
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first ever event and I hope to share a few of the images with you. Out of 2400 there are 15 on the flickr page.

Enjoy! Please let me know what you think!

2013 Concours D'elegance - a set on Flickr

Gabe
 

Attachments

  • $1IMG_9904.webp
    $1IMG_9904.webp
    58.4 KB · Views: 142
  • $1IMG_9680.webp
    $1IMG_9680.webp
    79.8 KB · Views: 111
  • $1IMG_9642.webp
    $1IMG_9642.webp
    82.5 KB · Views: 139
  • $1IMG_9586.webp
    $1IMG_9586.webp
    91.9 KB · Views: 122
  • $1IMG_8970.webp
    $1IMG_8970.webp
    90.5 KB · Views: 131
  • $1IMG_8647.webp
    $1IMG_8647.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 122
  • $1IMG_8611.webp
    $1IMG_8611.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 144
  • $1IMG_8476.webp
    $1IMG_8476.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 118
  • $1IMG_8316.webp
    $1IMG_8316.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 131
  • $1IMG_8246.webp
    $1IMG_8246.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 138
Watch your horizons. Many of them are leaning slightly left or right.

Some gorgeous machinery though.
 
Watch your horizons. Many of them are leaning slightly left or right.

Some gorgeous machinery though.

Thank you, I never really noticed that. If I were to straighten it out would I make the subject or the horizon level?
 
Thank you, I never really noticed that. If I were to straighten it out would I make the subject or the horizon level?
In general, the horizon since that's what most people are accustomed to seeing level. That's not a cut-and-dried rule though since, as in the last shot, sometimes the horizon and subject lean opposite directions. Try both and see which you prefer, then go with that. They are your photographs and you are the only one who has to like them.
 
Nice pics! Huge, distracting watermarks....nevermind =)
 
Thank you, I never really noticed that. If I were to straighten it out would I make the subject or the horizon level?
In general, the horizon since that's what most people are accustomed to seeing level. That's not a cut-and-dried rule though since, as in the last shot, sometimes the horizon and subject lean opposite directions. Try both and see which you prefer, then go with that. They are your photographs and you are the only one who has to like them.


Well said! Thank you for the insight.
 
A necessary evil!
It doesn't need to be so far into the photograph.
I suppose so
Watermarks are a bond of contention for many people, and there are many discussions on this board pertaining to them. In my opinion they are neither a necessary evil nor do they have to be blatantly obvious on the photograph. Keep this one thing in mind: No matter how big the watermark, no matter how bold or bright or destructive the image, someone can ALWAYS find a way to remove it. If you are trusting a watermark to prevent your images from being stolen it isn't going to help. If you are using a watermark to signify that it's your work it doesn't have to be big and bold and in the middle of the image. I watermark all of my photographs, not to keep them from being stolen, but because I like for them to be identified as mine. The images I post here and on my web sites are relatively low-resolution images (800x533 pixels) so if someone wants to steal them they won't get a lot. My watermarks are, I feel, very unintrusive to the image.
2013-03-30-06.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom