2013 MTB Canada Cup, Sudbury, On - My first event!!

Demers18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I figured I'd share with you some of the best shots of the weekend!

Let me know what you think and which one you like best and the least.

Also if you want to see the entire set you can see it here: 2013 MTB Canada Cup

9285473905_94e335c0fe_b.jpg
[/URL] Derek Zandstra - Canada Cup Race, Sudbury, On by lee demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

9297154394_d8d9f15870_b.jpg
[/URL] MTB Canada Cup - Sudbury, On by lee demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

9294377867_93cfb55fea_b.jpg

9294366127_a139a9e155_b.jpg

9294360967_0ee7c0caab_b.jpg

9294359717_3022249fc6_b.jpg

9294344487_32b349b1bf_b.jpg

9297117382_cb9e350b73_b.jpg

9297109730_e3d88b8b59_b.jpg

9297105690_46acc60664_b.jpg

9294324703_7a88463686_b.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, well I've trimmed it down a little. I know there were too many to choose from.

I'm looking to pick one to send to the local sports magazine and other news outlets.

Which one would you send?

The only one I'm not a big fan of is number 10, it looks like most of the mountain bike stuff I shoot and I'm never impressed with the action I shoot. I'll be shooting mountain bike at the Summer Canada Games in August, I'll have to see if I can come up with the same quality you posted. Great stuff.

Thanks imagemaker!

I like the 3rd one as well, although I wish the front guy would have a been a different rider, although it could also be used in a "old guy still has it" type story.

For most of these shots I was right in there so if one of them decided to bite the dust, well I was biting it with them so to speak.

Where are the Canada Games being held this year?

Hi Lee :) posting so I remember to look and respond when I'm on the computer.

Canada Games are in Sherbrooke. I have to cover all the sports. Monutain Bike goes on the first day of competition.

That would be a blast. It was a lot of fun covering MTB and I can only imagine being able to cover multiple sports in a short time span like that.

I do enjoy the Canada Games out of all the big multi-sport events I've shot, it is however a real work pace, 3-4 sports per day for two weeks. 20 different sports, both male and female, so the days usually run around 15 hours. If the weather stays good it sure makes it easier, but this time of year could have us in the +30's like we've both been having here in Ontario. Shooting in the rain sucks especially if it's also hot.

I do enjoy the Canada Games out of all the big multi-sport events I've shot, it is however a real work pace, 3-4 sports per day for two weeks. 20 different sports, both male and female, so the days usually run around 15 hours. If the weather stays good it sure makes it easier, but this time of year could have us in the +30's like we've both been having here in Ontario. Shooting in the rain sucks especially if it's also hot.

Yeah that would be a tough job. Especially that you have to stay sharp for that amount of tiime.
What do you do with your gear when it's raining? Do you have insurance for rain/water damage?

What is the normal turn around time to get the photos out? Same day?

When it rains I just use green garbage bags and tape them up, it works well, and then I just toss the bags when I'm done. The photos are going up to the Games web site within an hour of each event finishing, and then at the end of the day as well. Pretty much non-stop days.

Great set Lee, I'm glad I viewed them on the computer (the mobile site doesn't like displaying your images in the post :( )
I agree with #3 although there are some great shots, it was difficult to choose!
#9 is a neat shot and I may be inclined to play around with it in B&W if it were mine ;)

Great set Lee, I'm glad I viewed them on the computer (the mobile site doesn't like displaying your images in the post :( )
I agree with #3 although there are some great shots, it was difficult to choose!
#9 is a neat shot and I may be inclined to play around with it in B&W if it were mine ;)

Thanks Judi!

Great suggestion for #9. I have actually played with it since I posted them and have made the transition to B&W and it turned out better.

cyclists dark, trees light

okay... would you care to elaborate?
Maybe a tip on how to improve the photo?
Honestly I'm not sure how to take your comments as they seem to be aimed more as a cocky jab and than actual critique.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back