2018 Victoria's Day Fireworks, Toronto [2160P]

VidThreeNorth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This particular video was taken on a Git2 w/4.35mm (rectilinear) lens, but the problem is one that makes Pinnacle Studio Pro 21 Ultimate incapable of doing what I need for vidoes I am working on outputted from the Yi-M1. The problem is the lack of proper support for 4:3 video output for higher resolutions.

This is a test output from Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 21.5.0.274 (the latest update) 64-bit. The source files are 2880 x 2160 (4:3 display format), 24 fps MP4 files. I started this simple edit (it combines 2 consecutive clips, a short MP3 music sound track, a title and simple fades) and everything appeared correctly, displayed in 4:3 screen format. There was no sign of a problem during any of the edits. When I outputted the file I defined the screen as 2880 x 2160, 24 fps, the same as the input format. I made this short test output and the problem is simple. The output file display format is 16:9 -- "wide" screen. I can view it locally in 4:3 using VLC by overriding the file's internal definition, but I do not know if this can be done when viewed from YouTube.

Pinnacle does NOT have any way of defining the output screen format manually. At the very least, they could have taken the hint where all my input files were 4:3, and made the output the same as the input, but they did not do so.

If there is a tool to "correct" this kind of error (it is probably a "simple" matter of re-defining the file in it's header data), then I would be able to fix it. I do not know if YouTube provides any capability I can use to fix it after uploading. We'll see. . .

Incidentally, the music at the start is Korean artist IU's "dlwlrma" sometime called "Right Now". In theory, this sound bite should allowable, but it was mainly just an experiment in this short (2:05) test output version video. It will not be included in the final version of the whole video (about 8:36).

"[2160p] 2018 Victoria's Day Fireworks, Toronto V0.01 HD"

Here is the "final" version, made with Magix Movie Edit Pro 2016, which supports high resolution videos in a 4:3 aspect ratio (or any other manually defined aspect ratio). I have raised saturation (the parameter was "49") and also boosted brightness a little.

"[2160P] 20180521 Victoria's Day Fireworks Ashbridges Bay Toronto"

Most reactions

Back