24 & 50 STM for travel?

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I may be going to las Vegas soon if things work out for a visit and in thinking about bringing a camera aside from my samsung galaxy s8+. I have a 24 stm and 50 stm that I'm thinking about bringing. Would these be good travel lenses for on plane/ around city? If I travel by my own car I'll bring my whole bag, but I will not be driving so that's not an option. I also have 55-250 stm, 18-55 stm and a tamron 150-600 g2. What would you bring?

I thought about buying the tamron 18-400 or a point and shoot since I probably won't ever be back there again and who doesn't want new gear? But if I can I'd like to save my money.

I would probably go with just the 18-55mm and the 24mm. I took my 35mm and for some wide shots just did some panos. You can go out of town and do some landscape, or in town where most things are right in your face so wide helps. In town is mostly night shots with the lights, either down looking up or from high looking down.

I may be going to las Vegas soon if things work out for a visit and in thinking about bringing a camera aside from my samsung galaxy s8+. I have a 24 stm and 50 stm that I'm thinking about bringing. Would these be good travel lenses for on plane/ around city? If I travel by my own car I'll bring my whole bag, but I will not be driving so that's not an option. I also have 55-250 stm, 18-55 stm and a tamron 150-600 g2. What would you bring?

I thought about buying the tamron 18-400 or a point and shoot since I probably won't ever be back there again and who doesn't want new gear? But if I can I'd like to save my money.

I'd bring the 18-55
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

The two times I've been to Vegas I've used my 17-70. Vegas is one place I'd never even consider a prime lens unless you're carrying a bunch of them. I shot everything from stuff in shops at a couple of inches to people to statues to buildings to fountains at night. It is a beautiful, unique city and everywhere you look there is something to see. The buildings and architecture and lighting are amazing.

Last time I wanted to use my 18-300 because I knew I'd want the focal length freedom but I also knew I'd be shooting some stuff at night and needed the f/2.8 my 17-70 provided. It worked out pretty well and if/when I go back it's the lens I'll use again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back