240SX SHOOT

nismo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i went out for a quick shoot today. i went to a little pre school to shoot my brothers s14. please give critique on the pics please be harsh. i wont learn anything from nice comments lol camera is a canon rebel XTwith the stock 18-55 mm lens.
IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

please give me some critique. please be harsh:wink:

The location blows. I like the last picture of your first post the most.

PLEASE number your pics if you are going to post so many...

The location is WAY to busy, and your angles are meh, try tilting the camera off level a bit. You try and create motion with them! I do like a few of them tho! Just to lazy to count my way through.

Side2.jpg

The location blows. I like the last picture of your first post the most.

PLEASE number your pics if you are going to post so many...
i like that pic too just wished the whole car as in frame.

The location is WAY to busy, and your angles are meh, try tilting the camera off level a bit. You try and create motion with them! I do like a few of them tho! Just to lazy to count my way through.

Side2.jpg

nice pic of ur subie.

anyone got some opinions on what i should change with my camera setup?

nice GC

and that s14 would look perfect if it were a kouki front end but nice shots!

i like that pic too just wished the whole car as in frame.

nice pic of ur subie.

Its not so much your camera setup its the location. Find somewhere a bit more open, or a bit more closed like an alley with nice graffiti, My favorite palce to shoot are well lit parking lots at night (empty) or the top levels of parking garages. The location you chose is really busy and distracting.

oh yea i know a couple good roof top places with good light and is deserted. but the pics themselves are fine?

Nothing. Your gear is more than up to the task, it's all about the skills of the person wielding it.

I think these have potential, but I agree that a more interesting location would add a lot. In addition, make sure to think about the lighting, in this case primarily the time of day. Finally, try to shoot from unique angles that emphasize things like the car's stance or suggest motion, power, or anything else you'd care to emphasize about the car. These three things are the differences between your pictures and the Subaru picture. Also, tell your friend to paint his bumper (seriously, I never understood that), or find a different car, preferably one that is all the same color (imagine how much less attractive that picture would be with a primer bumper).

His equipment is more or less the same as yours, it's what he's doing with it that's making the difference.

Nothing. Your gear is more than up to the task, it's all about the skills of the person wielding it.

I think these have potential, but I agree that a more interesting location would add a lot. In addition, make sure to think about the lighting, in this case primarily the time of day. Finally, try to shoot from unique angles that emphasize things like the car's stance or suggest motion, power, or anything else you'd care to emphasize about the car. These three things are the differences between your pictures and the Subaru picture. Also, tell your friend to paint his bumper (seriously, I never understood that), or find a different car, preferably one that is all the same color (imagine how much less attractive that picture would be with a primer bumper).

His equipment is more or less the same as yours, it's what he's doing with it that's making the difference.
thanks for the info. the 240 is my brothers car and he just bought it a week ago. the guy he bought it from put that bumper on it and never painted it. my brother isnt going to paint the bumper because he is getting rid of it and getting a stock purple one with foglights.:thumbup:

quick question. i notices alot of other peoples pictures have that blurred backround alot more intense without using photoshop and i noticed that most of my backrounds look like they are in focus how do i make y camera setup to blur out most things butt the focus subject?

oh, i probably shoulda washed the sub before i took pictures of it to.

and deserted rooftop shots with some sort of a city background would be amazing.

Hey nismo, to get the blurred background you gotta use a low f stop. It's also called aperature. The easiest way to do this especially with moving objects is to use the aperature priority mode. On your camera it's Av. I used to use that camera and it can take some great quality pictures. So to get the blurred background get as low of f stop as your lens goes, like f/3 or f/4. To get more in focus, great for landscapes, use a high f stop like f/22. Another suggesting is when you can get a nice wide angle lens, it works great for car pics and get right up on that sucker to get all the detail, except when it's moving then be a little more careful ;) Your stock lens can go pretty wide angle though so you should be able to get pretty close to the car. Oh try to get a wide angle lens that goes as wide as 10mm.

Most reactions

Back