:(

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My mum went to see my aunty today (who lives next door).

She came back and said that her cat had been trapped by her neighbour (who moved in like 2 weeks ago) and he had cuts all over his face from trying to get out of the cage.

So my aunty rang the pound who apparently gave him the trap - and they said it was perfectly legal and there is nothing she could do...

So now we have to keep our cats inside :(

The sorts of arseholes really piss me off. I don't see how he can move into a new street and start trapping peoples animals WITHOUT WARNING!

Apparently he has got a trap and has some kind of bait in it. It is sitting right on the border of his property. I don't see how this is fair? He is encouraging the animals to go onto his property so he can trap them.

Then the pound comes and picks them up. And you only have 3 days to collect your animals, before the pound murders them!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...

I wish I was a boxer right now.

He sounds like a bit of a paranoid freaky guy to me. Does he really not expect animals to come into his yard if he's got some 'bait' there?? Idiot.
And seriously how much harm can a cat do? Unless the guy is breeding birds or something in his backyard, he sounds a bit over the top.

So how did you get your cat back? Did the guy bring it back to you coz it had a tag or something?

Do you live in a city or near some rainforest/bush? I live right on the edge of rainforest and I know that would not go down well up here coz you'd be more likely to catch some small endangered species. But then again, what evil creatures (apart from cats hehe ;-) ) are going to be living in cities?

Why on earth has he got a trap???

Well, do your sort of unfair, photograph, and photograph like crazy, photograph the house, the trap, and put signs up IN YOUR PROPERTY, theres nothing he can do, and you have a better weapon because it can effect a wide area...the war has begun...

Some people just hate cats. I know several people involved with rescue organizations and the stories they tell will make you physically sick to listen to. Just be glad the cat will recover and watch that man carefully. The next step people like that are likely to take is putting out bowls of antifreeze. It tastes sweet and any animals in the area will drink it, which will of course kill them.

Good luck,
LizM

he claims he is catching "stray and feral" cats. And he is doing it because he doesn't like listening to them fighting...

My uncle was out looking for their cat because he hadn't been home to eat, (the cat is in love with his food, i'm surprised he fit in the trap. hehe) and he must have seen him next door stuck in the trap. So he went and asked to have him back.

My cat is 12 or 13 years old, we can't keep him inside! He's an old cat set in his ways. And he has been running around the house crazy all night. I have already decided if they catch my cat, i will be contacting tv programs (A current affair, etc). Sure, it might be legal, but it's not right!

Meysha, we live near a small bush - but its a few streets away.

ok. fair enough if they make it legal - not a lot I can do about that. But I would think there should be a law that they would have to warn the people of the area that he is doing it!

Grrr...

I still say use your photography, that and move the cage onto your property, then smash it in saying it was over the line :D

:lol: I think this story is of too high a quality for A Current Affair. hehehe. Don't they only deal with the latest liposuction scandal and shopping trends? :confused:

I think in all my life (hehe sound so old!)... yes all 21 years of my life, that I've only ever heard 1 cat fight.

I reckon you should record a cat fight on tape and then play it over and over for a week straight and he'll go crazy thinkin there are all these cats fighting. Then after a week, stop playing it and he'll think all the cats have run away and then he'll take the trap away.
Or spray acid over your fence towards the trap... that way the metal will all melt away.
Or buy a tiger, then when the tiger smells the meat in his trap it'll go over there and whip him into shape.

This hits real close to home....the identical thing happened to us when we moved in this subdivision 16 years ago. Who knew our new next door neighbors would be cat haters? They set up a baited trap and walked over to tell us pleasantly that they had done so, and they were acting completely within the limits of the law and they "knew their rights". Our cats hadn't done anything other than be outside cats. But apparently they just didn't like them, and kept a trap with an open can of tuna fish inside. And yep, they got one of our cats, try as we did to keep them indoors - whisked her away and we never saw her again, and they denied any knowledge. The trap went away, too. :(

We had no recourse except to pay them an equally pleasant visit, smiling and letting them know that if anything ever happened over there, house caught fire or anyone breaking in, we'd sit back and enjoy the show. That we'd never help them in any kind of neighborly fashion. Oh, I also watched the guy cutting his grass along our property line and decided to just walk over to tell him that he'd better not step one foot in our yard, as we had set "a$$hole traps" everywhere and he was bound to step right in one. :blushing: Well, I was still bitter.

We next put up an 8-foot privacy fence between our 2 back yards, which made it safe for the remaining cat. They never complained again. We also spread the word around the subdivision and eventually they became sort of reclusive. Within 2 years, they moved away. :thumbup:

There's not much you can do with intolerant morons who choose to live in an area populated by families with small kids and many pets, other than spread the word and make it known what they've done. If they realize they've made a mistake, hopefully they'll move on.

Good luck.

I just don't understand how it can be legal... (I will go out with my big zoom in a min and take a photo for you all... From the road.)

I think he should AT LEAST have to go around and inform everyone in the street.

I don't know how many people in our street would go to his house first to see if he had caught their cat and then keep looking if it wasn't there.

GRRRR...

Okay. I didn't get much. Cause they were actually out there at the time.

I think the cage is that white part. Can't see it very well from this side of the property.
IMG_0728small.JPG

Here's the view from my house. You can see the white bit at the side there....
IMG_0729small.JPG

Bigger versions are:
http://www.ohsixohsix.com/tpf/IMG_0728.JPG

http://www.ohsixohsix.com/tpf/IMG_0729.JPG

Thought I might add: I was thinking of putting a stuffed animal in the cage, tipping the bait out, and locking the cage. Hehe. then it would look like the stuffed animal had eaten the food. But - I care about my stuffed animals too much to do this.

Dad suggested we could weld the door closed.

I think I should throw eggs at their house.

Anyone know how to make a name tag for my cat? I have ordered one off the net - but it says 4 weeks. I don't think my cat can handle being inside for another 28 nights.

You can always put some cat turd in the traps, that way he'll think the cat came and went without triggering the trap. He might do away with the 'defective' traps. :)

Its a rough situation. We have a lot of ferals around my house (anybody want some kittens - seriously!) and they do fight a lot. I'm planning on taking the ones who are friendly to be fixed as soon as I can get the cash together. Momma cat will have to be traped because she doesn't want anyone to touch her.
With that guy trapping indiscriminately your best bet is probably to have a pet Id microchip implanted in the cat and to check that the trap hasn't been tripped every day when you get up and then again when you get home.
If you can do it without getting caught, pour a bunch of "cat be gone" stuff around the trap (its basically menthol). Cats won't go near it but it will wear off quickly and have to be reapplied often.

I don't understand how someone can have the basis for murder just because of a noise. Dogs bark. Babies cry. People have parties. People drive noisy cars.

Unfortunately, we have enough trouble having the money to keep ourselves alive in this family. We don't have that kind of money to have him microchipped.

I think the bastard should just jump off a cliff so the noises wouldn't annoy him anymore. people like him who believe they are the best thing to ever grace the plant, and a less superior being has no right to make a noise, really piss me off. And I pray to god his house burns down, and not only does he loose his house and his posession, but also his life.

Yes. I am still angry.

Most reactions

Back