28mm f/2.8 AI-s lens on Nikon D50

Polygon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This might be a stupid request but I've lost my Nikon D50 manual (well not really lost, I'm sure it's still somewhere in all that chaos, so I better say "tempoary not findable") and this is kinda desperate (ebay ;-)). So could someone please look if the manual 28mm f/2.8 AI-s lens will be compatible with the D50? AI-s should usually be working but I remember that there was a list with lenses in there which were incompatible anyway.

Mhm, maybe another question to the owners of that lens:
Is it really that good? I've only read about exceptional sharpness and great performance and the like and it sounds almost too good to be true. Will it be significantly better than the D50-kit lens (18-55) at 28mm?

I know that thread but I remember that there were some exceptions (some lenses won't work for whatever reason even though they are post-AI). Wanted to make sure this one isn't one of these exceptions.

Polygon said:
I know that thread but I remember that there were some exceptions (some lenses won't work for whatever reason even though they are post-AI). Wanted to make sure this one isn't one of these exceptions.
Gotcha.... That lens in particular, I don't know. As far as I know it should work, but all manual only. The only possible exceptions that I can think of are pre-AI that have been modified to AI with the kit. I haven't heard of anyone trying one and posting a result. Sorry I can't be more specific on yours.

Just what I needed. Thanks a lot

Most reactions

Back