What's new

2nd Day with kenko extension tubes C&C

Rockern1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 20, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello

Well these are some pics i took about an hour ago i hope this time a did a better job focusing.
these were shot with Canon Rebel xsi 18-55mm lens and kenko extension tubes. Im not sure how many tubes i used for each shot cause i was switching around but i mostly shot with 3 tubes. All pics were shot hand held, dont have a tripod:( and it was king windy so the flowers were rocking back and forth.:confused:

1. f/22 1/60 ISO100 Flash:fired
IMG_4296.jpg


2. f/22 1/40 ISO100 Flash: not fired
IMG_4325.jpg


3. f/36 1/30 ISO200 Flash: not fired
IMG_4329.jpg


4. f/36 1/20 ISO200 Flash: not fired
IMG_4333.jpg


5. f/11 1/60 ISO100 Flash: not fired
IMG_4335.jpg


6. f/11 1/60 ISO100 Flash: not fired
IMG_4337.jpg


7. f?22 1/50 ISO400 Flash: not fired
IMG_4341.jpg
 
A couple of these are pretty sharp, but... one thing I would do is to make sure you have a higher shutter speed. With the magnification you're getting, and the three tubes it is costing you a lot of light (and of course the fact that you're using f/22).
 
thanks Nate ill try to switch thing around to get more shutter speed
 
You woul probably be safe using f/14 or so with these which shoul allow you to mor than double the shutter speed.

Do you have an external flash as well? Or just the pop up flash?

Also with the extension tubes, from what I was told, you should put the amount of tubes on that = the focal length you are shooting at.

If you are shooting at full zoom with that lens at 55mm then you should try to have 55mm (or close to it) in tubes attached. That will give you 1:1 macro.
 
thanks Jeffie ill look into how to properly use the tubes with my lens, and i only have the pop up flash.
 
I do not understand the obsession with getting a 1:1 macro. I use the magnification I want for an image, be it more or less than 1:1. I see no magic in 1:1.

Peppercorn on the end of a pin

P1010168sm.jpg



P1010164sm.jpg



Edit to say you are doing very well for your second day. Way to go! Macro can be a lot of fun.
 
I do not understand the obsession with getting a 1:1 macro. I use the magnification I want for an image, be it more or less than 1:1. I see no magic in 1:1.

Peppercorn on the end of a pin

P1010168sm.jpg



P1010164sm.jpg



Edit to say you are doing very well for your second day. Way to go! Macro can be a lot of fun.

Im still kinda new to macro photography and not really sure what these number stand for 1:1:confused:???
 
oh alright thanks chammer
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom