2nd trip to aquarium

Hooker771

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All of these were taken with the Canon XS with tokina 100mm. Again, the lighting in this place is aweful and the jellies exhibit is very dark very thick glass. Flashed bounced off glass bad so all very slow shutter speeds for hand held at 2.8, you thin kI can get away with the second or is it just too blurry?

4296813742_bf615e1321.jpg

I cant decide if I like this one or not. It may be too blurry but the blur is kind of cool CC
4296067905_ab1a62396c.jpg

4296067567_4a9e5765b8.jpg

Love this one. Caught him at the right time in flight
4296811396_4818306c41.jpg

Near
4296065183_96a9ec3104_b.jpg

Far
4296810688_0b854828ba.jpg

I love the cuttlefish! They are so awesome. The second jellyfish one is a bit blurry as you mentioned, but the rest are great considering the conditions you were shooting in. It's incredible that you managed to get the flying butterfly in focus.

#1,2 photos are decent. The blur adds to the photo I think in #2. What were your actual shutter speeds? I know I can't hand hold for ****.
#3, I can't tell if the focus point is a little off or not. Maybe it's movement or slight blur?
#4 is an amazing capture! Great job!
#5, 6 are good shots. Nice and sharp, but the composition is the only thing that bothers me a little as they are centered in the frame.
They allow flash in the aquarium?

They do allow flash

#1 is at 1/13
#2 is at .3

The problem is the lighting is very dark and dramatic to make the jellies look more dynamic. Next time ill take my tripod. There was no one there.

I agree on the composition, I will re-crop later.

1/13 and .3! :thumbup: Good for you! I tried a shot at 1/30 the other day and gave up after about 10 tries haha! A tripod would be ideal if there are not too many people around and you said there were NONE? Did you go on a weekday or something? :lol: How are the ceilings/walls in that place, any use bouncing flash? The last aquarium I went too didn't allow flash which is why I asked.

I went after work on a friday, I guess we (kids) got there at 5 and they close at 6 so thats the reason. The aquarium is only a mile from my work and we are members so over the next year I will have plenty of practice.

they are all quite good. what iso were u at?

VD, that is the best CC ive gotten so far and I thank you. I shot all of them at 100 iso. I can remember to move everything on Manual but I ALWAYS forget to adjust ISO. THANK YOU!

#2 is definitly my favorite. The blur blends well to the motion, even adding irony as jelly fish are not known for their speedy movements.

Those are really great photos. Can't wait for your next trip to the aquarium! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back