AG74683

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
CSC_0047.jpg

CSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

For the first two images....would color be the preferred picture, or does the B&W work for them?

I definitely think BW works for that. One thing I usually do at a minimum is increase the contrast a little bit on black and white.

Sometimes what you do is a matter of taste and interpretation. Here's a quick tweak using an action I downloaded for Photoshop Elements. Of course, what software you have will determine what you do with it. Like I said, at a minimum I usually increase contrast in black and white, then play with levels and sharpening a little bit.

p45171264-3.jpg

tones on 1&2 are too similar and give way to a boring photo with a lack of contrast between the highlights and shadows

I like the subject in #1, can't say #2 and #3 do anything for me. In number one I think the picture would be stronger without those twigs or whatever in the foreground, they're overpowering it in my opinion, try to move to an angle/level where they're less visible or just move them.. they look dead already. I think the real tree on the left and the very thin one to the right of the house are alright but everything in between I would rather not be in the way of the house. Otherwise, as Bats said its a bit low on tone contrast but there's not much you can do this time of year.

Keep shooting!

Most reactions

Back