syphlix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregorytran.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys -

Just wanted to share a couple of my recent shots. These are all candids taken on the streets of nyc... i'm a big fan of just looking at people... and i'd say these would be the equivalent of just people watching...

These were taken with a Canon 7d, either with the 24-70mm or 70-200mm (usually at the long end of the lens).

#1:
Into the Light by syphlix, on Flickr

#2:
Don't leave me hangin bro! by syphlix, on Flickr

#3:
Going home by syphlix, on Flickr

They're nicely done candids, but all are appearing somewhat under-exposed on my monitor.

Very crisp and clear. I was expecting a little 'more' street scene, but these are good. 2 has some character to it. 1 doesn't do anything for me and 3 looks like an iPod ad.

I am lovin #2 but therez some sorta dark area to the top left corner that is really distracting also i wish the top of his head isn't cut off....but the expression you caught was priceless. great job on this set, keep shooting and posting:thumbup:

They seem underexposed, but I really enjoy #1 and #3, but #3 more so. The light is perfect.

I like them all. Number 2 and 3 more so. I enjoy this kind of photography too. Capture life as it is.

i really like 1 and 3 with the second one I would have tried to get the top of his head along with the rest of the shot that you got of him.

thanks for the comments guys!

i'd argue that #2 is prob the underexposed one... i pulled it back a little bit and i may have gone to far on it... especially looking at this face it needs to be brighter for sure...

i'd say #1 is where i wanted it... his face is exposed correctly (i think?... you guys don't think his face is too dark do you")...

thanks for the comments guys!

i'd argue that #2 is prob the underexposed one... i pulled it back a little bit and i may have gone to far on it... especially looking at this face it needs to be brighter for sure...

i'd say #1 is where i wanted it... his face is exposed correctly (i think?... you guys don't think his face is too dark do you")...

One looks okay to me but 2 and 3 look under exposed.

2 is my favorite but the orange cap in the background is kind of distracting.

i totally agree on the cap.. i actually tried desat it a little or unbright it... but it ended up making it look weird so i just left it...

very nice, I like #2 the most I think, Im going down to NYC next month for the first time, any ideas for good places to get some candids?

crash, it's pretty ez to not stick out too much if you go to the tourist type places where theres a ton of people anyways... things like times sq or soho...

otherwise, i would just walk around to find a random area that appeals to you and shoot away!

Most reactions

Back