3 Urban nighttime shots.

These are great. There's something about the contrast between the bridge in the foreground and the headlight streaks in the back that really makes me like the photo. Gives the photo a 3D feel. The other two are very good as well.

Impressive I love the blue in the 2nd one

These are the kind of pictures I aspire to take. Being in Alabama though, its hard to find such scenery. Beautiful shots.

i agree....maine isnt that photogenic. but im trying to work w/ it. they're great.

Holy crap, I'm in love with #2....submission for the contest? ;)

cant, since I've posted it here, i cant submit it...

ill prob never enter the contest, as I just like to share.. Im no good at micromanaging my collection to see which ive posted and waiting to post others etc... too much hassle...

I love the 2nd one. It's awesome to see how the light 'flows' over the terrain.

I have some interstate near me where I can take similar shots, but no bridges, street lights or otherwise interesting scenery to go with it - just a couple hills and the road.

I also don't like how the lights reflect off the sides of the 18-wheelers there. I never could get a shot where one of those weren't in the frame.

Did you just stop your car at the side of a highway and set up your tripod and shoot?
On my recent roadtrip i kept on seeing good potential pictures but i couldnt take them because we were oing to far on the highway...how did you tak them?

after long searching I found a bridge with no chain fence in front of the freeway and also it had small sidewalk on the one side....

so hard to find....

Hello again Thorhammer.

I really like it when you out shooting at night:D . I was in Shreveport,La the other night and going over the big overpasees and thought about getting out on the edge to do some pics similar to yours but I didnt have the guts.
Well they say no guts no glory!!
BTW #2 is my personal fave.

could you enlighten a noob like me how to do that? I mean, i know it's long exposure etc but what iso and shutter speed did you use? number 2 for me.

No prob,

Just use a decently sturdy tripod, timer, or shuter release cable...
(dont touch the tripod at all during the shot) and you do not want to start the shot by physically
pushing the shutter button, (could shake the tripod)

pick the sharpest aperature for your focal length, ie.. f14@30mm

I usually find when there is a lot of bright lights from cars its a good thing to underexpose maybye 1/3 stop or 2/3 stop

shoot raw, go bulb mode and be ready to expirament before you nail the right exposure..
after a while youll start to memorize or anticipate times...

before you shoot you have to find a way to properly focus....

actually its a lot of work... but its worth it..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back