3 year old and 5 year old - test shots

~Stella~

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are prototype shots trying out my extremely sophisticated and fancy schmancy $10 garment rack and very expensive $11 black sheets from Target. :sexywink:

I took a bazillion, but I left my tripod in the car and was too lazy to get it. No doubt the set would have been more successful with it. Also, this was indirect afternoon light rather than direct morning light which is so much better, so they are a little noisy in the shadows.

In natural light, the sheets weren't nearly as dark as I wanted, so I did have to edit it darker....I'll have to work on that to get a better starting point so less editing is needed. Any thoughts on this?

Also, I edited out the marker marks on the little one's hand but I didn't edit out his star stamp from preschool because when I asked him why he got it he told me"Because I did be extra awesome!!!" It was too cute to edit out. :lol:

P1080458_edited-1.jpg

P1080460_edited-1.jpg

P1080469_edited-1.jpg

P1080484_edited-1.jpg

P1080512copy.jpg

6. Silliness:

P1080540_edited-1.jpg

Awesome photography! Such blue eyes those kids have! Very cute. Loved them all, except the last one was a little blurred!

The background editing needs some work, what way are you going about doing it

Thanks, JCleveland. The 3yo is pretty much pure white normally, but I can see what you are saying now with the 5yo (orange shirt), particularly in #4.

Noob, I'm printing these at 4x6 size for their album, so I'm not going crazy on the background. I do need to work on it for future shots, though. The 3yo's hair is really difficult to work with and I did a superlousy job in #1 - I think the others are ok, though, for small size printing, anyway. I just upgraded from PSE4 to PSE7, and am still learning the ropes. I used a combination of methods, to try to learn the tools better.

all the colour pictures have a blueish tone to them, making them appear darker and colder. what white balance where you set on when taking these?

Most reactions

Back