3-year old second hand Canon 17-40mm L?

I just bought one new today and stuck it on my 1D MKII, all I can say is...Holy $#@ ^^%# &&#@! crap is it sharp!!

I didn't think it was that good - wrong! If you can buy it buy it.

I'll get jobs for this lens that's for sure just to use it. ;)

WEE~another fellow Ontarionian~
Can you tell me where did you get your lens?

Can you tell me where did you get your lens?

I bought mine where I did because I was dealing with some incredible BS with them on another purchase that involved them putting a damaged pro lens I bought back on the shelf and selling it as new to another customer. :x

They just happened to have the 17-40 in stock and I need it otherwise I never would have bought it there.

I'll never buy there again, and we've spent thousands with them over the last couple of years. I'll never go back into any of their stores in any city again.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Great lens, buy it if you can. :thumbup:

Its a great lens, especially if you're shooting landscapes, and planning on going FF sometime in the future. It is an L lens, which means it will hold its value over time, not to mention the superb optical and build quality.

I bought mine where I did because I was dealing with some incredible BS with them on another purchase that involved them putting a damaged pro lens I bought back on the shelf and selling it as new to another customer. :x

They just happened to have the 17-40 in stock and I need it otherwise I never would have bought it there.

I'll never buy there again, and we've spent thousands with them over the last couple of years. I'll never go back into any of their stores in any city again.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Great lens, buy it if you can. :thumbup:

Wow for those people don't go back and get anything from them...They don't care about customers all they care about is money...

But ya, thanks for the recommendation~

Its a great lens, especially if you're shooting landscapes, and planning on going FF sometime in the future. It is an L lens, which means it will hold its value over time, not to mention the superb optical and build quality.

Thanks for the advice!

Wow for those people don't go back and get anything from them...They don't care about customers all they care about is money...

And it gets better. I just opened the box, I left with the lens on the body and the sales guy was putting everything in the box while I was doing other thing with the camera. He never put in the lens case or the lens cap.

Henry's is the worst store I've ever dealt with, period. :thumbdown:

And it gets better. I just opened the box, I left with the lens on the body and the sales guy was putting everything in the box while I was doing other thing with the camera. He never put in the lens case or the lens cap.

Henry's is the worst store I've ever dealt with, period. :thumbdown:

So it's Henry's...Ya I've heard pretty bad things about them. I heard they used to be good but over time just couldn't keep up with the industry service or price standards and now can't compete with many other stores..

I've been on their websites. And some of the prices are ridiculously high...
Another store that is considered "big" but also has some ridiculous prices is Vistek..
I highly recommend CameraCanada.com tho, they are really good with their stuff and the prices I think are the lowest in the country.:sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back