$300 for a tripod

nikon90s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need a new tripod but only have about $150 in the tripod account so I don't have many ways to go. I would love a snap lock legs but can't find a tripod with it that I really like. I did find the Giottos MT-9160 which is a cool tripod but the legs are twist lock and I really would like to have the speed of the snap lock style. I have looked at the Bogen / Manfrotto 3021BPRO but I don't like the feel of it (I am just picky) but like the snap lock legs. Is there a Giottos style with the snap lock lags out there that I need to look at?

I also need to get a good ball head around $150 I will spend more if it is not that much but I want to wait to get a real good set up for a few years. I also need to stock up on lenses with my limited funds.

Have you looked at a Slik u-212 Deluxe? They are about 100.00, have the snap legs. It's the tripod I used for years "in the field" shots....weddings, seniors...etc.... good value for the money.

just my .02

I just baught a pro master tripod yesterday. It has the snap lock legs and a mono pod leg. I only paid about $120.00 for the tripod. I had to purchase the head seperate. I got a pistol grip head for about $70.00 so in total I got a professional grade tripod for $200.00

nikon90s said:
I have looked at the Bogen / Manfrotto 3021BPRO but I don't like the feel of it (I am just picky) but like the snap lock legs.

Wanna make something of it? :p

That is my exact tripod, and I love it. I really wanted heavy duty though. This tripod and my identical build monopod would make a mean beating stick if I ever needed it to. And with my D1X on the end, I think I'd have a full blown mace!!

"You're not going to steal my camera! I'm going to destroy it stopping you!"

Most reactions

Back