300mm 2.8 VRII

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Quick question: what are some good monopods, straps, plates etc. for this lens?

Looking at purchasing one in the near future and would like to price out the accessories and must haves. I’d primarily be using it for sports photography and would like any insight from someone who may have owned or used one often.

I currently have a dual black harness strap for my D750s for weddings but figured the 300mm wouldn’t be going on a black rapid harness.

I’ve found very little information regarding how most photogs lug them around. If you also have tips on how to shoot the 300mm along with a 70-200 on another camera? I’m all ears. I could easily throw a camera down on the strap with my current setup but I’ll most likely have the 300 on a monopod.

I was looking for a monopods too after watched the youtube below and I will get the same monopods as him.

Give some thought to an ecosystem approach where plates, heads etc. all work together. FWIW, I have been using Really Right Stuff for more than a decade, great quality and designed by photographers.

I have have an RRS plate mounted on all my lenses including the foot of my 300mm F2.8 VRII. My cameras also have RRS L-brackets, my Foba Super Ball tripod head has an RRS lever release clamp and my Manfrotto Art.134 monopod has the RRS MH-01 screw knob clamp. Nikon provide a strap with the lens, use it as security packing the lens around when it is mounted on the monopod, this lets you sling the rig over your should but hanging onto the strap should the lens or 1/4-3/8 monopod stud come loose.

Most reactions

Back