30x15" print of The Walden Mountain shot - Final Edit.

Amazing photo! The contrast is really excellent!

Got the 30x15 print in.. and it looks really nice on the metallic paper!

I'm curious what it's like in color!

I'm curious what it's like in color!

Here you go! Original fused exposure results (9 images)..... 7360x4912 original resolution

$_DSC2107_800x564-web.jpg

Last edited:
Great shot of a beautiful spot, Charlie. There's just no scenery like Colorado scenery. I was out there in the mid 70's and fell in love with the scenery.

A friend and I were going to head up into Colorado on a motorcycle trip in October, 2009. We got into Durango, CO under cold, rainy skies and spent the night. Next morning we checked the weather and they had gotten several inches of snow in Teluride so we decided that discretion was the better part of valor and cut west into Utah instead. We went through Capitol Reef National Park a couple of days later and it was 25 degrees at 10,600' MSL with some snow beside the road (luckily none on the road).

Great shot of a beautiful spot, Charlie. There's just no scenery like Colorado scenery. I was out there in the mid 70's and fell in love with the scenery.

A friend and I were going to head up into Colorado on a motorcycle trip in October, 2009. We got into Durango, CO under cold, rainy skies and spent the night. Next morning we checked the weather and they had gotten several inches of snow in Teluride so we decided that discretion was the better part of valor and cut west into Utah instead. We went through Capitol Reef National Park a couple of days later and it was 25 degrees at 10,600' MSL with some snow beside the road (luckily none on the road).

There are many lovely spots! Hopefully you found some lovely spots in Utah, instead.. they have many also. Yep.. cold weather and bikes sucks! Have to be careful with that! If you ever decide to head back this way... stop by.. I'll feed ya well, at least! :)

There are many lovely spots! Hopefully you found some lovely spots in Utah, instead.. they have many also. Yep.. cold weather and bikes sucks! Have to be careful with that! If you ever decide to head back this way... stop by.. I'll feed ya well, at least! :)
No question of that! When I was there in the 70's we went through Colorado Springs to Aspen then over to Denver. I remember going to Pikes Peak, and I remember stopping about every 30 minutes because of the amazing scenery. Beautiful country.

We did find some gorgeous spots in Utah. Bryce Canyon, Zion NP, Arches NP, Cedar Breaks NP, and a few others thrown in. We spent all morning roaming around Arches and stopped so many times that after the last one we had to bump-start one of the bikes because we had run the battery down starting it so many times.

I'll shout next time I head that way. Might be a year or two though ;)

Most reactions

Back