$350

24-60... I will take a look right now:) Thanks

Hmm, that Sigma 24-60 looks pretty good! I know one thing about Sigmas EX lens is that they are very well made. My 70-200 while not metal like the Nikon, is make of something otherthan regular plastic, or it at least does not feal like plastic. I will see what B&H has if for.

BH has it for 329. I would NOT purchase it for 379. You can get a NEW lens with warranty from Cametacamera (a brick a mortar store that operates off eBay) for 219. Not hating on BH or anything, but sometimes their prices aren't the best prices. I ordered my lens on a Tuesday, and got it Thursday. New York to California.

Easily one of the best, no buyers remorse purchases I've made. Also, check out the Fredmiranda.com reviews, pretty universal praise.

I haven't used the f/1.4, but I've read that it's actually not quite as sharp as the f/1.8. It's certainly not as good value for money.

I just paid $40 a fantastic old Series E 50mm F/1.8 in good condition (they're all over the place on eBay). It's a completely manual lens, so there's no metering or AF, but it works great for portraits or any shots of slow or stationary subjects.

I have a D40, so I couldn't quite justify spending $150 for the new AF f/1.8D when I wouldn't be able to use the AF anyway. But, since you've got a D200, it's probably worth the extra cost for you to get the new version. I've read that the focus ring is underdamped, but since you can use AF, that's probably less of a matter for you.

Ya the 50f/1.8 seems like the better buy, I have heard a lot going both ways though. I guess for $119 you can't go wrong:) I did no see the Sigma 24-60 on B&H, not for Nikon anyway? From B&H I can get the Grip, battery, and 50f/1.8 for $310, that seems like a good amount for the money. I would then need to look more at a mid range zoom. Or I could do visa-versa:)

Most reactions

Back