350D Mount

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What is the name of the mount on a 350D? I'm thinking of getting a lens for birthday/christmas (then days apart). Is it AF Mount? I assume that stands for autofocus. Or is it EF/EF-S mount. I couldn't find it in the manual.

Ok so does that limit me to buying prety much only canon lenses? I think there are a few exceptions? I'm sure some sigma lenses can be used?

You can buy any lens that is a Canon EF-S or Canon EF fit.
No problem buying Tamron, Sigma etc as long as they're for the Canon.
These manufacturers make lenses for Nikon, Pentax, Olympus etc so take care when buying a non-Canon.
It is a strong possibility that when buying a non-Canon lens it'll be a good bit cheaper but you'll probably lose some quality.
It is possible to buy Nikon or any other brand if you buy a mount adaptor but I've never used one so can't say if they're any good or if autofocus etc works.

It's worth remebering that the EF lenses will be compatible with any other EOS camera you care to use; The EF-S lenses are only compatible with some of the consumer digital EOS models. ;)

darich said:
You can buy any lens that is a Canon EF-S or Canon EF fit.
No problem buying Tamron, Sigma etc as long as they're for the Canon.
These manufacturers make lenses for Nikon, Pentax, Olympus etc so take care when buying a non-Canon.
It is a strong possibility that when buying a non-Canon lens it'll be a good bit cheaper but you'll probably lose some quality.
It is possible to buy Nikon or any other brand if you buy a mount adaptor but I've never used one so can't say if they're any good or if autofocus etc works.

Actually according to the folks at KEH some sigma lenses have to be fixed before they are able to work on DSLR's, but all the Tamrons and Canons should work fine...just what I was told, I know there are a ton of folks that use Sigma w/DSLR's but it's possible not all of them will

Most reactions

Back