360 Degree Photos?

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of my companies is looking to create a 360 photo of some of our products. Something similar to seeing a 360 view that you can move on a car manufacturer's website. If you don't know what I'm talking about, this is an example of what I'm trying to accomplish: fi'zi:k - High Performance Saddles - ARIONE

What would be the best way to grab a bunch of different images so I can create the 360 degree image? Also, what sort of plug-in or software would I need to make this happen? Any ideas? Thanks!

There are several programs that will stitch this type of image. Serif Panorama x4 , Kola Autopano Giga would be even better, but more expensive

Thanks for the responses this far. I looked into those programs a little bit and it looks like they just stitch the photos together in a panoramic fashion, a little different on what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks for the responses this far. I looked into those programs a little bit and it looks like they just stitch the photos together in a panoramic fashion, a little different on what I'm trying to accomplish.

On the iPad there is an app called 123D that is created from 30-40 of a product. It might take a few tries to get it right, but it works well.

look for "360 Product Photography"

You will need a product turntable and a little bit of software to combine the images and show them on the web.

Depending on the size of the objects, turntables can range from a diy that is manual to car turntables.
Some of the manufacturers are:
Ortery
fotoRobot
Pamco
and many others
Here is a simple google search

Viewers are all over the board. I would suggest Garden Gnome Software

Hugin is free and capable, but I'll warn you -- it's a lot of tool there.

How to take 360 degree photos:

1. Prepare the tripod
2. Apply the camera
3. Screw 0-360 Panoramic Optic lens adapter to the camera
4. Check the slope of the lens centering the bubble above it
5. Check that the wheels are on “C” and “ISO100”
6. Take the photo in the center of the room and hide within 10″
7. First room photographed.

Some opinions from reviews:

• The 360 degree attachment is great as a novelty item but you won't want to take serious video with it.
  • While 360 degree mode is more a toy than premium class, you get good casual takes. Funny mode to play with.

Most reactions

Back