eal76

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
Well the solution to your problem is obvious, and quite simple.

Ok, so you'll need 2 garbage bags, a roll of duct tape, a jar of jalapenos, some paprika and a rabid squirrel....

Oh crap, their coming after me with the thorazin again... back after a bit

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Wasn't another thread of yours a rant about????? I could be wrong.

The key will be to get so busy running your business that things like this will go unnoticed. A business model I believe is quite different than a pricing plan - something you maybe advertise anyway. Oh, and what would be wrong with copying a business model; nobody ever does that right?
I can't do so to anyone else because I pride myself on keeping my mouth shut and being a professional at all times, but sometimes a girl has to rant!!!
Hmmm. I see more people getting into shtuff with their fingers these days than they do with their mouths. This is the WWW.

Careful.

For us wedding photographers? All the time! :eek: Then again, if those people even bother to look at my website my pricing is on there. :D

In your best Liam Neeson voice
"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I can tell you I don't have any care about your photos. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave my pricing structure alone now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

You might realize that her raising her prices to match yours could be a Godsend.

Now if everybody in your town had the same pricing structure, the customers would be selecting their photographer based on a comparison of each person's portfolio.

God point. I thought about it some more and I think my ranting comes down to me being embarrassed. I'm embarrassed that I was duped into having a conversation with a woman who was posing as a potential client. I feel tricked and that is embarrassing me which in turn makes me mad.
No worries. Hit the store, grab the paprika. Oh, smoky paprika. Don't think I specified in my first post. I couldn't find an actual squirrel with rabies so we'll have to settle for an opossum and some whipped cream but it will do in a pinch. Oh.. crap, they broke out the big butterfly net... they don't do that unless their serious.. gotta run, literally. Back in a bit...

You just wasted time better devoted to running your business.
What other things do you do to diminish your revenue potential?

Absolutely. My goodness, in the time it took you to type in that rant you could have... Umm.. watched an entire t.v. commercial.

Which.. err.. would have given you some invaluable insight into advanced marketing theory.

Had you done so you could have changed your logo to some cutesy lizard, which would have rocketed you to instant success, fame and fortune.

That's right, you could be retired to Fiji by now... But noooo.. you had to waste the most valuable 30 seconds thinking about something other than the blind pursuit of profit. For shame!

All of that of course I could find it in my heart to forgive you for.. But now I have to deal with an opossum with whip cream all over his mouth who's likely going to be completely heartbroken to discover his road trip is cancelled.

Wow the nerve of some people...

Rotfl

It makes sense for a business to use other businesses as a model, otherwise you'd spend your time reinventing the wheel.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
I have no problem with people copying any business practices.
I am also happy to give advice on how they can be more successful.

The key will be to get so busy running your business that things like this will go unnoticed. A business model I believe is quite different than a pricing plan - something you maybe advertise anyway. Oh, and what would be wrong with copying a business model; nobody ever does that right?

Exactly. If the OP has time to worry about this... then clearly the prices are too high and there is not enough business coming in. So in a way, they've already gotten revenge, as the business model that was copied is a broken one.

You guys do know that sometimes people do this thing called not working where they stop working and come home for things like food. I've even heard that some have a thing called a "weekend" where they might not do any work for a whole day or two! It's shocking I know but it happens!

There is always time for worry; always time for concern and always time to think about the business and such. Berating someone for doing that is daft and sounds childish.

In truth the OP is over-worrying about this; indeed scouting the local prices is a very sensible thing to do for any business. You have to know what the market will take for a certain product in order to set your own prices. It's common advice to go along with doing your own internal books to see what your margins are and your needs.

So yes if your prices are out there people will find them out and some people will copy-cat them. However that's immaterial; the key is having good marketing; good consumer relations; a good solid quality of product etc... There's more to a business than the costs and given equal costs people will nearly always go toward the business that has the better customer support/relations and product - so long as the marketing is good enough that they are aware of the company.

You guys do know that sometimes people do this thing called not working where they stop working and come home for things like food. I've even heard that some have a thing called a "weekend" where they might not do any work for a whole day or two! It's shocking I know but it happens!

There is always time for worry; always time for concern and always time to think about the business and such. Berating someone for doing that is daft and sounds childish.

In truth the OP is over-worrying about this; indeed scouting the local prices is a very sensible thing to do for any business. You have to know what the market will take for a certain product in order to set your own prices. It's common advice to go along with doing your own internal books to see what your margins are and your needs.

So yes if your prices are out there people will find them out and some people will copy-cat them. However that's immaterial; the key is having good marketing; good consumer relations; a good solid quality of product etc... There's more to a business than the costs and given equal costs people will nearly always go toward the business that has the better customer support/relations and product - so long as the marketing is good enough that they are aware of the company.
Tell us more about this "weekend" thing. This sounds like a good concept.

The OP was bothered by what happened and needed to vent. Mission accomplished. Hopefully he/she got that done and is feeling better about it now. If you can't vent on an Internet forum to a bunch of strangers...

The OP was bothered by what happened and needed to vent. Mission accomplished. Hopefully he/she got that done and is feeling better about it now. If you can't vent on an Internet forum to a bunch of strangers...
Venting... on the internet. Is this something someone might do on one of these so called weekends?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back