3d artist - Picking up a camera again :) and an airbrush... and some graphic design!!

Artist68

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey everyone,

Just wanted to say hi, "HI!"

I have been making 3d art in games for about 15yrs and haven't really picked up a SLR camera since I had a Nikon that I bought back in 1992.
Actually I started learning photoshop in 1992.... (I believe it was it's debut copy on a mac, no layers! one undo!) and have been using it ever since. (read - post photo editing lol!)
but that's a huge program and I'm sure there's lots of stuff I will now get into that I never knew existed! :thumbup:

I freelanced way back when... (to survive after I got out of school - fine arts and graphic and visual design).
did some airbrushing on motorbikes, graphic design, some photography (mostly weddings - shot for the cost of film and batteries - my wedding gift)
I have worked as an art director and illustrator for a small local magazine.

Anyway I'm looking forward to learning.... and I will classify myself as a newb.
I understand the basics and I'm still planning on taking a refresher course - I took a few classes way way back! :er: 20yrs ago love the dark room
but hated waiting for results. Digital SLR will be a nice change.

The video game thing just seemed to be something that I need to get away from for awhile, also there wasn't much happening locally and I didn't want to pluck my kids out of school and move.
I just learned a 3d sculpting program called Zbrush- so it's a real drag that I have walked away. I made by best art ever over the last 2 years.

Here's an online portfolio of my 3d game art if you wanna take a peek.
Kim Gill - 3D Game Artist

cheers,

Kim (dude not chick) don't ask me to go dancing- trust me it's happened!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
What are you planning to shot with ?

Welcome to the forum.
What are you planning to shot with ?

I just picked up the Canon EOS 7D, Flash 580exII, Canon 17-55 2.8 IS, and the Sigma 70-210 2.8 OS
as well as a camera bag, lens cleaners, polaroid battery pack, spare battery etc.

I plan on shooting some picts of my kids playing sports, some interiors for realtors, portraits.
I'm kind of setting up to do some branding. (kind of) lol well in the process.
(branding is basically - slogans, portrait, logo, website art etc) I have helped a few already with that and have more lined up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back