3rd String Fall Fair Photog!

OGsPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
AFFFC9CA-546E-4423-9D92-C1595352BE56.jpeg
0EF7DD48-E231-4E86-B639-3BE51B2518C1.jpeg 2DC9E3E4-D2F5-4727-99E0-668FD230C286.jpeg

So my baby girl started grade K.

I join “ Home and School” association.....

Fast forward two weeks later In shooting family photos at the fall fair.

I shot for two hours and put through 60 families, so that is less than 2 minutes per family, and I even cleared the line a few times!

Delivered all photos by midnight. Is that fast or no? At event and delivery.

This certainly was not easy, I need tips!

I feel like pro bono photography for my kids stuff is kinda obligatory as per is happy wife happy life, right?

This took 8 hours, yesterday plus a bit of prep time the day before and loading the truck. This is after working all day managing a Food Service.

Hardest part was post processing and delivery by email ( couldn't read some emails which is annoying af). I did the post on my phone.

We charged $5 each which was donated total of over $300 towards the purchase of bleachers for the school. Pretty happy when my hobby can help and I get to meet everybody at the school and take photos of my kids while Im at it.

Photos of behind the scenes and baby girl #2. Aka boo boo number 3. Aka Claire Bear.

C+C is appreciated.

OG

A $5 donation for this sort of work is far too little. When I do my 'Pets with Santa' for local animal charities, it's about the same; we average 3-4 minutes/set for about 100-120 sets/day for two days. Minimum donation is $15 and most people give 20+. Your set looks good, and you've obviously nailed the process. One thing I don't do is the e-mailing. I process the images, put them up on the client side of my website in separate folders for each set, and they deal with the distribution.

Really, there aren't a lot of tips to give, as you seem to have figured it out. One suggestion I would make is that speedlights SUCK for this... too many 'AA' batteries, too slow recycle times.... proper studio lights of some sort are essential.

Thanks! I dont know if its figured out yet though! I want a faster delivery and less work and better photos haha

Speed Lights were at 1/8 ( which is faster than my monolight recycle) and rechargeable eneloop batteries.

I will upgrade my lighting soon, mainly to get another speed light, some more mods, diffusers, c stand etc better tripods etc. Etc.

Thanks again always love to hear from you!

Good on you for doing it. So many will not help like you did

Most reactions

New Topics

Back