Just saw this on B&H
Canon ME20F-SH Multi-Purpose Camera 1002C002 B&H Photo Video

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
  • Up to 4 Million ISO & 12 Stops DR
  • Full Frame 35mm CMOS Sensor
  • Canon DIGIC DV 4
  • Full HD up to 60p
[FONT=OpenSans, arial, sans-sarif]mere pocket change at $19,999.00
is this strictly a video camera with a FullFrame sensor ?
[/FONT]

I started getting excited
Then I read it was $20K
Then I saw it really is a box with a hole in the front ;)

I'd rather buy a sony sensor that can do almost 15EV where it matters...

I rather think it looks like an very expensive ugly looking traffic cam.

so who is going to need 4 million ISO

People said that when we got ISO 6400 and I've hit that and needed more many times. Generally speaking if you don't have something you learn to work with that restriction and will adapt to suit it. Thus an increase of the overall limit might not change anything for what you do right now, but has the potential to increase what you can potentially do.

Also generally we see higher max ISO values as going hand in hand with improved lower ISO performance. Thus as the limit goes up we also expect cleaner lower ISO values so even if we don't change anything in what we are doing we still get improved technical performance (which at the extreme end can help reduce editing time - get a clean ISO 3200 and suddenly you don't have to worry about that noise removal step half as much and it might just be a quick once-over the whole shot rather than having to break out layers and localised noise removal)

so who is going to need 4 million ISO

People said that when we got ISO 6400 and I've hit that and needed more many times. Generally speaking if you don't have something you learn to work with that restriction and will adapt to suit it. Thus an increase of the overall limit might not change anything for what you do right now, but has the potential to increase what you can potentially do.
al)

right, who knows when you're shooting in a cave without any light and just gotta have a million ISO or two million or even four million

Most reactions

Back