4 Pics from my trip to Europe C&C

btw isn't it "Seine" river?

Yes it is the Seine River Sorry for the Typo haha and I agree the more I look at it, it does look over saturated, Ill try to post an edit of it in a bit.

I actually like #1 the best. I like the contrasting textures between the water, the sky, and the concrete. The blues and greens give it a cool feel (temperature, not awesomeness). #3 and #4 look a bit too saturated. They look overly processed.
Im trying to figure out what exactly you meant by the (temperature, not awesomeness) part; Do you mean that you don't like the cool feel of the photo or just that temperature in the photo is not good? The first and 4th are my 2 favorite. Ill try to post another of the 4th image as well with a little less saturation.

It has to do with color theory. Blues and greens are generally cool colors, and reds and oranges are warm colors. Although there are warm blues, like cerulean, and cool reds, like alizarin. Color temperature is a matter of preference, and it can differ by portrait. In general, I like cool colors, but I prefer something warmer for portraiture. As I said, I like #1 the best.

the edits are very nice :)
the clouds really make a better impact now, and #1 looks like a painting, beautiful.

I'm pretty jealous. I'll need to go and see Notre Dame some time. If you're a church-lover, be sure to check out St. Stephen's in Vienna when you can. It is breathtaking too.

I'm in Krakow now, which has at least 1/2 dozen old churches worth seeing. I'll be in Prague next week and expect to see some more then.

Great pics and even better afters!

Most reactions

Back