$400 to burn on Nikon gear

#1 would be the batery frip, but a SB-600 and a Gadget Infinity wireless camera trigger and some remote strobe triggers, that should cover your 400 bucks and have some cash to spare too.

Last edited:
If that is the case maybe a second camera body is good investment. I won't mention D40 as it will make some people panting breath.
Ummm.... didn't mention it, but I also have a D80. :biggrin:

oops.
tripod/ball head?
...as well as a pretty decent tripod legs and heads.
You might want to read first. BTW, Manfrotto 055XPROB Legs plus 488RC4 & 322RC2 heads. But thanks again. :D

As Monty Python would say, "And now for something completely different."

Personally, if I was asking those questions the first thing I would get is a savings account, cookie jar or piggy bank and put the money there. Add to it as you can, nickles and dimes make dollars.
That's how I find myself in this position in this lovely pickle :lol:. I have a 4.5L Martell Fine Cognac bottle that I throw all my loose change into. So far, I have rolled up $285USD and there is still about 4" left in the bottom.

#1 would be the batery frip, but a SB-600 and a Gadget Infinity wireless camera trigger and some remote strobe triggers.
What's a frip Jerry? :lol: But I like the SB-800 more so than the 600. Wireless triggers are a consideration, but not PWs yet.

Thanks folks, keep the ideas coming in please.

MB-D10 or a 1.4 TC for use on the 70-200. 1.7 on the 70-200 will be too slow and soft.

I'm using the 8AA - ni-mh in mine... works great. no complaints.

MB-D10 or a 1.4 TC for use on the 70-200. 1.7 on the 70-200 will be too slow and soft.
I know what you mean. I'm not too impressed with the 1.7TC on the 70-200mm, but it's not too bad on the 300mm. Hmmm... 1.4TC is an idea. Thanks.

:meh: That would have been addressed in posts 1, 3, 7 & 12.

I'm using the 8AA - ni-mh in mine... works great. no complaints.
Agreed. I had planned to use the AA's when I wanted the 8 fps, otherwise just slip in the spare EN-EL3e. I have read that some people like the balance the grip gives even if it's battery free.

My opinion? Spend it on gas. When you get time off from work go someplace nice and shoot like crazy.

Either that or the battery grip.

I vote for the grip and AA batteries. Also does Adorama carry the clear Nikon filters, they are great for lens protection.

My opinion? Spend it on gas. When you get time off from work go someplace nice and shoot like crazy.

Either that or the battery grip.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Funny you should say that. If the mechanic gives a thumbs up with his inspection tomorrow, I will actually be spending a lot less on gas. Currently I have a '97 pickup that gets about 8 MPG.

This should get around 30 MPG.
02-Civic-Si-4-Edit.jpg

No, it's not new, but I still won't have a car payment. :D It is a blast to drive and I should be able to get a lot of my camping gear into it.

I personally don't have any experience with this myself but I've heard of venues who will only allow those photographers with press passes to use glass larger than 200mm (Beijing Olympics come to mind). With a 1.4TC you'll be able to skirt the gray area of this policy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back