40D users

Pauky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I put the new 40D RAW file into my Photoshop Elements 5.0 and the program still doesn't read my 40D RAW format files. I was wondering if anyone that has a 40D post a picture taken in RAW format so I can try opening it Photoshop so I can eliminate the possibility that my camera is creating defective RAW files.

Thanks if you can help.

When you say you installed the new 40D RAW file, do you mean Camera Raw 4.2? That is the latest version which adds support for the 40D. If so, are you sure it was added in the correct folder?

Other than that, sorry I can't think of anything.

Yeah, correct file and correct folder. I was on the phone for over 2 hours last night with Adobe tech support and they tried every trick they know and it still doesnt work. So, if i can get a raw file from someone elses camera to try, that will be helpful.

What is DPP? I should be able to use the program that I paid for. Do you have a RAW file from a 40D that I can try and open in my program?

Digital Photo Professional is the software that came with the camera. It's where are start all my processing. Since RAW is a proprietary format, you'll probably be going through this everytime you upgrade.

I think if you play with DPP, you'll like it. It retains all the camera settings and outputs perfect TIFFs (8 & 16bit) and JPEGs for use in photoshop. It also, crops , resizes, stamps (for dust spots), renames etc. It also has a transfer to Photoshop feature.

I'll find you a file and upload it

THanks TC.

Adobe published RAW 4.2 that I used and replaced the old file. It works and opens my RAW files from my Rebel XT in 4.2, but still won't pull up the 40D. It does work in DPP and DPP isn't a bad program, but I like to see it in Adobe. Thanks of you can upload a 40D RAW format so I can try and open it.

THanks TC.

Adobe published RAW 4.2 that I used and replaced the old file. It works and opens my RAW files from my Rebel XT in 4.2, but still won't pull up the 40D. It does work in DPP and DPP isn't a bad program, but I like to see it in Adobe. Thanks of you can upload a 40D RAW format so I can try and open it.

If it opens in DPP, then probably have other issues.

Where were you going to post that RAW file? Or would you rather have my email?

Looks like we live in the same area. I recognize some of those places on your Web site. I was down at GF's earlier today.

Where were you going to post that RAW file? Or would you rather have my email?

Looks like we live in the same area. I recognize some of those places on your Web site. I was down at GF's earlier today.

I'm trying to post it on my server, but the darn URL is wrong. one sec.

I love Great Falls

TC,

I sent you a PM with my email address if this is easier.

Thanks

TC,

I think I got it resolved. I put on a different lense and Adobe read that RAW file. Then I put the same lense back on and took another picture and it's reading that one now too--strange. A few days ago, with this same lense, I was taking a few pictures and I got an error code on the camera that said it couldnt' communicate with the lense. Perhaps the contacts of the camera and lense were not aligned up. I rebooted the camer and it worked fine after. I just bought this lense on ebay and it came from Japan--one of those grey market lense that I didn't realize, but that shouldn't have an impact. Perhaps I didn't have the lense on snug, but it did lock. Weird. I think I'll go out and take a bunch of pictures to see if this happens again.

Your email didn't drop in my bucket yet, but I'll still try it in Adobe.

By the way, you have some very nice pictures on your site!

How you liking your 40D so far? Pretty nice camera, ain't it?

TC,

I think I got it resolved. I put on a different lense and Adobe read that RAW file. Then I put the same lense back on and took another picture and it's reading that one now too--strange. A few days ago, with this same lense, I was taking a few pictures and I got an error code on the camera that said it couldnt' communicate with the lense. Perhaps the contacts of the camera and lense were not aligned up. I rebooted the camer and it worked fine after. I just bought this lense on ebay and it came from Japan--one of those grey market lense that I didn't realize, but that shouldn't have an impact. Perhaps I didn't have the lense on snug, but it did lock. Weird. I think I'll go out and take a bunch of pictures to see if this happens again.

Your email didn't drop in my bucket yet, but I'll still try it in Adobe.

By the way, you have some very nice pictures on your site!

How you liking your 40D so far? Pretty nice camera, ain't it?

Well, the lens shouldn't have anything to do with this, but as long as you have it working now.

Thanks for the comments regarding my site. I apreciate it.

I really like the high ISO performance on the 40D.

good luck

Most reactions

Back