43am Flash?

Stevepwns

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jacobeastonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have the A33 and looking at the 43am flash, anyone have experience with this flash? Everything I can find says nothing about the compatability, any funstiions not availible if any while using it with the A33.

It should be compatible If the shoe on the flash is the new ISO sony shoe and the A33 has the old Minolta shoe, you'll need the ADP-AMA adapter, or use entirely off camera wireless using a bracket (chinese ones will work fine for an amateur like us). Judging by the photos at Amazon and B/H, it looks like the Minolta shoe, and I am pretty sure that the a33 does as well.

I am fairly certain that the only feature you don't have is multi-light wireless control.

It should be compatible If the shoe on the flash is the new ISO sony shoe and the A33 has the old Minolta shoe, you'll need the ADP-AMA adapter, or use entirely off camera wireless using a bracket (chinese ones will work fine for an amateur like us). Judging by the photos at Amazon and B/H, it looks like the Minolta shoe, and I am pretty sure that the a33 does as well.

I am fairly certain that the only feature you don't have is multi-light wireless control.

Thanks for the info, the shoe mounts are the same so I am good there. If I get to the point where I can use more than one flash effectively, Ill have a body that will support it...lol

Last edited:
Oh yeah. If it takes the Minolta mount, you should be fine. It hasn't changed since Maxxum.

BTW - You know that the crossed-XX doesn't mean anything other than a trademark dispute. I was all excited when I happened to get a crossed-XX, only to find out that it's just a myth. :/

Oh yeah. If it takes the Minolta mount, you should be fine. It hasn't changed since Maxxum.

BTW - You know that the crossed-XX doesn't mean anything other than a trademark dispute. I was all excited when I happened to get a crossed-XX, only to find out that it's just a myth. :/

lol, yeah, I just get the pleasure of owning an older model. I have a thing for stuff like that.

My oldest lens is an Ilex Solar 5 1/2" I also have a CZJ 50/2.8 1Q T* tessar.

I only have one AF lens ATM, a Minolta 24-50. I'm switching to Fuji though eventually. I have a really nice Canon FD 35/2 Chrome Nose which I can't even really use on my A-77.

I only have one AF lens ATM, a Minolta 24-50. I'm switching to Fuji though eventually. I have a really nice Canon FD 35/2 Chrome Nose which I can't even really use on my A-77.

The A77 is probably gonna be my next upgrade, unless I find a killer deal on a 70 - 200 2.8. I plan on holding on to my old Minolta primes, but starting to rotate the zooms for new better gear, but the Beercan. I like telling people I take pictures with a beercan and seeing the look on their face.

Oh, I'd probably get a 50/1.4 or 50/2.8 Macro if I was going to stick with Sony. I sold my 50/1.8 with my a350, kind of regretted it - but at the same time it tends to swirl unpredictably and that drived me nuts.

I'm just not really sure alpha is a platform that will be around forever, and want something more flexible. NEX would be a second choice, but I like the sensor on the X-series better.

Oh, I'd probably get a 50/1.4 or 50/2.8 Macro if I was going to stick with Sony. I sold my 50/1.8 with my a350, kind of regretted it - but at the same time it tends to swirl unpredictably and that drived me nuts.

I'm just not really sure alpha is a platform that will be around forever, and want something more flexible. NEX would be a second choice, but I like the sensor on the X-series better.

Im pretty well invested in the platform so I hope they stick around, for a few years anyways.

The A77 is probably gonna be my next upgrade, unless I find a killer deal on a 70 - 200 2.8. I plan on holding on to my old Minolta primes, but starting to rotate the zooms for new better gear, but the Beercan. I like telling people I take pictures with a beercan and seeing the look on their face.

Id go for an a58. I would cost less and the technology is new. I was not really impressed by the quality off the a77 when I used a friends. My a580 is much nicer but they are hard to find now.

Fuji is cool and compact. A bit limited in the lenses still but they will develop more. Quality is good. Id love to get an x-100 for a back up/toy.

Id go for an a58. I would cost less and the technology is new. I was not really impressed by the quality off the a77 when I used a friends. My a580 is much nicer but they are hard to find now.

When you say quality, are you refering to the build, or the features. Or the over all function?

Fuji is cool and compact. A bit limited in the lenses still but they will develop more. Quality is good. Id love to get an x-100 for a back up/toy.

I'm not too worried about the lenses, they already have everything I need and I prefer classic lenses anyway.

When you say quality, are you refering to the build, or the features. Or the over all function?

picture quality. Thing is built like a tank but I just didnt like the quality as much. My friend strapped it with a 35mm G lens and it just came out a bit soft for my taste. He said he wasnt super happer with it either. You might get cosmo's opinion. I know he has one too. My friend told me that he thought the a58 might be a better type of motor since they drop the pixel count a bit to be more in line with what the sensor could probably handle, 24mp was a bit advantageous on sony's part. BUt dont get me wrong the a77 is still a good camera. This is really nit picky kind of stuff we are talking about here. There would be a huge difference with you coming from an a33.

I'm not too worried about the lenses, they already have everything I need and I prefer classic lenses anyway.

Cool, the set up seemed really nice. What they have for an offering is all top notch even if it is a bit limited.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back