What's new

46 Gallon Bow-Front Aquarium

I'm planning on surprising Scott with an aquarium for his birthday. These are nice shots.

Thanks! I just wish I hadn't sold my macro...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah. If you were closer, I'd lend you mine. I have to say, when I saw the first picture of the fish in the bag, I thought you had put the fish in a martini glass.... I obviously need some sleep.

How long after you set up the tank did you put the fish in?

Only three days. The levels were oddly perfect, so I figured I'd just go for it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Just keep an eye on it as the tank cycles is could spike with ammonia and nitrites very toxic until enough of a good bacteria bed builds of Nitrates not toxic unless high levels that can cause stress,sickness or death. I cant tell you how my times family or friends called me to tell me how all there fish died. When I tell them new tank syndrome they say what the heck is that. Then I got to go into the water chemistry speech and they wonder why the pet store did not tell them this. Untrained or they don't care or both. My brother did the same thing,buy a tank and the fish the same day set it up and dump 10 fish in there at once. All the fish died within a week or two except for one maybe two.

Saltwater is a whole different ball game as some of the fish are caught by cyanide. They cyanide to force the fish out of the reefs for easer catch, the problem is it poisons the fish but usually will live a month or so and enough time to ship them out for sale and unfortunate the customer usually gets the short end of the stick death. a hundred dollar fish dead that looked totally healthy. Big money business so they cut corners to get them.
 
Last edited:
Just keep an eye on it as the tank cycles is could spike with ammonia and nitrites very toxic until enough of a good bacteria bed builds of Nitrates not toxic unless high levels that can cause stress,sickness or death. I cant tell you how my times family or friends called me to tell me how all there fish died. When I tell them new tank syndrome they say what the heck is that. Then I got to go into the water chemistry speech and they wonder why the pet store did not tell them this. Untrained or they don't care or both. My brother did the same thing,buy a tank and the fish the same day set it up and dump 10 fish in there at once. All the fish died within a week or two except for one maybe two.

Saltwater is a whole different ball game as some of the fish are caught by cyanide. They cyanide to force the fish out of the reefs for easer catch, the problem is it poisons the fish but usually will live a month or so and enough time to ship them out for sale and unfortunate the customer usually gets the short end of the stick death. a hundred dollar fish dead that look totally healthy. Big money business so they cut corners to get them.

Oh I know. I've had a tank before, so I know how it all works. [emoji16][emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Great hobby Jake and very relaxing and hope you enjoy it. I love the bow fronts and sorry I never bought one.

They are beautiful, for sure. I love mine. My goal is a 120 or 150 planted bowfront[emoji16][emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Oh man. You people need to not be posting pictures of fish, or I'll wind up going down to the pet store and buying a giant marine aquarium again. BAD BAD BAD.
 
Oh man. You people need to not be posting pictures of fish, or I'll wind up going down to the pet store and buying a giant marine aquarium again. BAD BAD BAD.

Go go go!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The really bad thing is I can totally just go downstairs and grab my 15 gallon setup and put together a mini reef. I even have two five gallon buckets full of Fiji rock. Bad bad bad bad bad.
 
Augh.

Man I'd love me a couple little clown fish. Been so long. And they're so cute. :)
 
Augh.

Man I'd love me a couple little clown fish. Been so long. And they're so cute. :)

I expect setup pictures in a week. Go!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Augh.

Man I'd love me a couple little clown fish. Been so long. And they're so cute. :)
The Clowns are breed in captivity tank raised so they are easer to keep and pretty hardy. A small tank like the bio cube works great. Put it some live rock and a anemone and makes a nice decor. Now I want another marine set up.
 
Augh.

Man I'd love me a couple little clown fish. Been so long. And they're so cute. :)
The Clowns are breed in captivity tank raised so they are easer to keep and pretty hardy. A small tank like the bio cube works great. Put it some live rock and a anemone and makes a nice decor. Now I want another marine set up.

You both should set up tanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
pH is at 7.6 still, nitrites are at 0, nitrites around 0.1, ammonia around .1, and temp around 79. Added five more cories and two plants, and planting them stirred up a bit of dust.


Five Coryadora's by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake
 
Oh man. I'm super excited for these pics. Love a good aquarium and it looks like you have the makings of an awesome tank here
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom