46 Gallon Bow-Front Aquarium

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I decided I need to start an official thread for these pictures. I'll be posting millions, and don't want to add a new thread every few days.

Here's the tank on day 2:

Cheers!
Jake

I'm planning on surprising Scott with an aquarium for his birthday. These are nice shots.

I like the light on the bags. Just something otherworldly about that lighting-reminds me of a jellyfish. I followed you on Flickr because I'm sure there's good stuff to come.

Nice fishies...good shots...where is the cat to watch it from the other side? Just asking...

She left my room when I started playing music and spilling water on the floor, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm planning on surprising Scott with an aquarium for his birthday. These are nice shots.

Thanks! I just wish I hadn't sold my macro...

I like the light on the bags. Just something otherworldly about that lighting-reminds me of a jellyfish. I followed you on Flickr because I'm sure there's good stuff to come.

I plan to have a lot more fish. I just kept it to ten for now to let the tank cycle.

Cheers!
Jake

You need more plants, and good lights.
We never needed aeration on our large tanks .. also it looks really cool with landscaping (and you don't need the fake background, just black).

Love the pics so far!! How bout a close up with the lens tight on the glass and mr/ms fish bubbling hello.

You need more plants, and good lights.
We never needed aeration on our large tanks .. also it looks really cool with landscaping (and you don't need the fake background, just black).

I have more than enough light. I have 120 watts, and can have 150 of T5 HO if I used all four spots in the fixture. And I will get more plants, but I don't have many LFS' close to me.

Great water chemistry there, I can totally relate as I been doing aquariums seems like forever. My previous was a successful saltwater with a Black Volitan Lion Fish, I had some Damsels to but he lion fish swallowed them. I always had to watch when putting in the hand inside for any cleaning of unwanted algae of the lions where abouts to avoid a sting. Nice shots and set up.

Last edited:
Great water chemistry there, I can totally relate as I been doing aquariums seems like forever. My previous was a successful saltwater with a Black Volitan Lion Fish, I had some Damsels to but he lion fish swallowed them. I always had to watch when putting in the hand inside for any cleaning of unwanted algae of the lions where abouts to avoid a sting. Nice shots and set up.

Thanks! The ammonia was down to .1 or so today and the pH was down to 7.3 or 7.4, so I'm slowly getting there.

Cheers!
Jake

Hmmmmm............. aquariums. (off to check card balances. i really shouldn't be left alone like this.)

Thanks! I just wish I hadn't sold my macro...

Ah. If you were closer, I'd lend you mine. I have to say, when I saw the first picture of the fish in the bag, I thought you had put the fish in a martini glass.... I obviously need some sleep.

How long after you set up the tank did you put the fish in?

Most reactions

Back