480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few weeks ago, I purchased a new Plustex 8200i Ai film/slide scanner for the purpose of digitizing my slide & film collection from the 70's & 80's.

Having gotten the hang of it, I'm on my 4th Carousel tray (out of about 75!) Most of those shots are not worthy of posting, so I merely scan them in at 1200-pixel resolution, with a simply curves, contrast, saturation and WB adjustment and save as a JPEG.

However, I have started to run into some of the 'keepers' I remember taking way back. Those images are scanned at the highest resolution possible and saved as a TIF. Then I get to do what I could only dream of back then.... really, truly edit them.

So I've started this thread to share with you some of those keepers. This is the first one out of the chute:

Abandonedhouseatsunsetpost.jpg

So sit back, enjoy the ride, and travel back in time with me!

Pentax ME Super
28mm/2.8 SMC at f/11
1/15 sec.
Kodachrome 25

(Yes, I carried a notebook back then!)

That's a wonderful photo. And on Kodachrome too...

This will be just like watching an episode of Doctor Who... Except without the cool effects and hot chick companions.

This will be just like watching an episode of Doctor Who... Except without the cool effects and hot chick companions.

How do you know? :er:

This entire forum is an episode of Doctor Who

That first one is really nice, sparky! And how cool that you still have your notes about it, too!
I carried a notebook back then too, but my notebooks have long since disappeared, lost in the shuffle of one of my moves, I guess.

Really looking forward to seeing some more of these!

That first one is really nice, sparky! And how cool that you still have your notes about it, too!
I carried a notebook back then too, but my notebooks have long since disappeared, lost in the shuffle of one of my moves, I guess.

Really looking forward to seeing some more of these!

Alas, my notebooks got lost ages ago. Fortunately, I transferred the notes to the slide frame back then.

Great stuff is timeless, and this is great stuff.

Now I've got Dr. Who theme music and Simon & Garfunkel's Kodachrome competing to play in my head at the same time.

Love your sunset. Also I really like the rain on the window. Great stuff!

480sparky, are you in the union. Im local 357 electrician? Great pics by the way

Now I've got Dr. Who theme music and Simon & Garfunkel's Kodachrome competing to play in my head at the same time.

Love your sunset. Also I really like the rain on the window. Great stuff!

I agree. Absolutely stunning photos.

Most reactions

Back