5 Black and White flower for C&C :)

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I'm in a black and white flower period, apparently! C&C would be appreciated. I just wanted to show the flowers in a way most people don't see them: black and white. C&C on composition, how the black and white is or any other thoughts you may find good or bad.
Taken with 40D with 50mm f/1.8

#1: f/8, 1/125th, ISO 200

IMG_0407_edited-1 by Bokehliciousness-ness, on Flickr

#2: f/4, 1/250th, ISO 100 ---------- On this one I missed the focus, argh!!

IMG_0410_edited-1 by Bokehliciousness-ness, on Flickr

#3: f/2, 1/500th, ISO 100 --------- I wish I had the entire rose in focus!

IMG_0429_edited-1 by Bokehliciousness-ness, on Flickr

#4: f/4.5, 1/200th, ISO 100

IMG_0431_edited-1 by Bokehliciousness-ness, on Flickr

#5: f/10, 1/250th, ISO 100 -------- Not sure if I like the grey background... Also, a wide angle lens's distortion might have looked good

IMG_0445_edited-1 by Bokehliciousness-ness, on Flickr

Thank you for watching and commenting,
Compaq :)

Looks good! I believe you are not a newbie...Why post here for CC? Also...you watch a lot of digitalrev dont you?

I've been active for 6 months. I don't feel non-newbie-ish... :) My photos don't have a very high consistency, I believe.

And Digitalrev is awesome!!!!

I'll take that as a compliment :)

edit: some CREEP had already taken Bokehliciousness!!!!!!!!!!! :whip: I must find him/her :gun:

Looks good! I believe you are not a newbie...Why post here for CC? Also...you watch a lot of digitalrev dont you?

Because very few posters ever post anywhere outside of the beginner's section...

Perhaps most people feel like n00bs?

People are nicer here, in newbie land. :) And people speak s-l-o-w-e-r so its easier to understand their C&C. ;)

People are nicer here, in newbie land. :) And people speak s-l-o-w-e-r so its easier to understand their C&C. ;)

It's a real shame people are nicer in here. Noobies might actually learn something and then proceed out of noobdom if people didn't sugar coat their comments.

(not speaking directly about your stuff, but in general...)

I think people still get great feedback here, but the feedback is more often accompanied with advice on how to improve... and comes with less of an irritated undertone from people that have lots of experience.

When I first discovered this Forum, I posted in a few other threads and got hostile comments about my lack of knowledge in photography when I was clearly requesting help with specific problems I was having.

I've since grown a spine and can take whatever people tell me, but I almost shied away from the forum completely.... Glad I didn't though!!! There are some great people here that offer awesome advice/tips/feedback/links/book suggestions that I have used to take my photography to another level!

Speaking of feedback.........;)

These are nice :) I think 2 and 3 are my least favorite, I'm not really drawn to anything. Maybe it's the leaves. 4 is my favorite for b&w conversion. You could play around with 5 to lighten the background. How are you converting to b&w?

I just turned down the saturation bar in raw processing added contrast and stuff. Some dodging and burning as well.

Is that real "conversion"? :p

Well it's a way to do it, but desaturating won't give you the best results. I like to use the channel mixer in PS.

How should I go about editing the raw file? That would be in colour in the raw processing window. Would contrast, clarity, darks, fill light etc be bad for the B&W conversion? Should I do nothing until I'm in the normal elements editor?

Most reactions

Back