5 for c&c

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been busy experimenting again. Here are the photos I think came out the best.

1) I really enjoy this photo, I love the way the sun shines down on them and I love the sun glares. I had to clone out some black tar paper stuff below my daughter's swing (and I am not that good in the cloning department). Part of me wants to crop this closer because I love compact photos, but I tried to keep the people at certain points on the 3rds chart.
IMG_1771.jpg

2)another angle...didn't clone the stuff out this time because, as mentioned, I'm not that good :sexywink:
IMG_1782.jpg

3) Trying to do something different and I'm not sure if this photo is works. The original had more of the baby's body and also more of the toy. The toy had a head (like a snail I suppose?). But I thought it may be a bit creepy looking a toy snail head, and detract from my baby's face...thoughts?
noahtoy.jpg

these two I took yesterday with natural light. Again, I love them but they are my kids...so hard for me to see past my emotions!
4) I realize this is an "up the nose" shot. But I thought it worked. I wanted to emphasize the chubby cheeks, poutey lips, and lashes.
da75d3b6.jpg

5)I like this photo a lot too, but the white sleeve by his face bugs me...does it ruin the photo?
01a270d8.jpg

Thanks for reading, looking forward to tips and advice.

Last edited:
I noticed there are some focus issues in the last 2 and some sun issues in the first 2. The first 2 the sun is so bright it is washing out the color.

They seem okay, but I think they are closer to snapshots rather than a photo, numbers 1 & 2 have too much of a busy background the lighting is okay however in both you cannot see the face. 3 through to 5 don't do anything for me either.

Thanks for your thoughts. These were 'candid' shots and I personally liked the way they weren't looking at me, but instead each other (in the 1st at least). I see what you mean about the background and part of me agrees, but part of me feels like it adds to the photo (being at a school/aka playground) but I do wish it was more blurred out. I shot these at an f5 so I am not sure why the dof isn't there? Maybe someone can advise me on that?

Photoguy, I see what you mean about the washed out colors, but that is what I like most about the photos...the dreamy sunshine, summery look :).

Most reactions

Back