What's new

5 from my Badlands Experience

Jarrod268

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 27, 2011
Messages
198
Reaction score
31
Location
Nashville, TN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, I spent the last couple of days in the Badlands after a trip to Custer St. Park in South Dakota. Here are a few shots - only processed them on my laptop in the hotel room so color may not be perfect and brightness is tough to gauge on this screen. Any way - hope you like them!

1.
p310519182-3.jpg


2.
p579934930-3.jpg


3.
p311671945-3.jpg


4.
p456973318-3.jpg


5.
p653156403-3.jpg
 
I really like the pics. i have been to these amazing places only 2 months back but too bad didn't have the dslr with me.
Great pics...
 
Really nice love the colours. But 3's horizon is tilted.\


Edit:

NVM I think its my eyes playing tricks on me. Or it could be the banding on the ultra wide angle?
 
Beautiful! I really enjoy these. I especially like #4.
 
Really nice love the colours. But 3's horizon is tilted.\


Edit:

NVM I think its my eyes playing tricks on me. Or it could be the banding on the ultra wide angle?

I don't see it in number 3 - but on number 2 the horizon is behind the line of formations. The formations come in at an angle, getting closer to you and also dropping in height so it looks kind of funny. I used the built in virtual horizon on my D700 - it should be correct and if you look at the flat terrain behind the formations it looks right.
 
Nice Photos! Brings back memories. I was stationed at Ellsworth AFB. I have film of the bad lands no digital, they didn't have it back then. lol. Nice Job!
 
Nice set.. love #1 and #2 especially, you really did a nice job on those captures!
 
I'll jump on the bandwagon here. I really like these shots too.

I thought the horizon was tilted too, at first. That must be part of the magic of the badlands. It's on the list of places to get to. Thanks for posting these images.
 
Thanks everyone. I had a truly enjoyable time shooting here. I didn't rush, I took my time and I tried to put more thought into what I was doing. Going back I realized that many of my shots are non-traditional Badlands and I'm happy with that (even though I still have some).

All of your comments mean a lot to this beginner!
 
Last edited:
At first I read the title "5 for my BAD Experience"...LOL! Nice series. I'm a sucker for sunsets, and I really like the second one out of the 5.
 
Your series is very much attractive specially second and third images are my favorite !!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom