What's new

5 New Photos for CC (Vancouver, BC)

gsm275

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
108
Reaction score
4
Location
Vancouver, BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a Newbie looking to improve on my skills. Let me know what you think in terms of composition and interest level of the subject. I'm working hard on getting better at fixing over-exposure, so if anybody has any advice please let me know!

1
4671346080_ea1cbbb04d.jpg


2
4671345288_671d218b81.jpg


3
4667136612_d8f1027fb2.jpg


4
4668658524_8a2e7127ae.jpg


5
4655284854_ba0f8edf3a.jpg
 
Last edited:
like numb 1 the most. numb 5 is so cute (i have a soft spot :P)

numb 3 isnt doing it for me. in any leve.

1. i like the composition and the exposure you used.

2. like the idea, dont like the sun flare.

3. mentioned already.

4. i like it but i think (IMO) its too busy of a background.

5. love the composition and the lighting works but atleast from the screen im on the lit fur is over exposed and seems to be washing away.
 
The images are posted pretty small, but here's my feedback.

1. Interesting photo of BC stadium without the roof, but too underexposed. Take 2 exposures and blend: Blended Exposures

2. Nice sillhouettes. Oddly enough I've taken a similar photo: BrianTolin.com - Vancouver The rowers are there pretty much every day.

3. Interesting. Not sure who is the main subject.

4. Get closer to the plants. They're small plants and I want to see more detail of the plants and less background.

5. Best photo of the bunch because it's cute. Weird colors in the sky on the right though. Probably due to some curves adjustment or similar post-processing.

Overall some interesting photos.
 
Hey there, I think that you would be able to find someone who would think that there is something of interest in all of the photos you posted. #2 and #3 interest me so I will stick to CCing them.

#2. I love sun and the lens fare. The boat, the water, the city, and the sky line all follow the rule of thirds well. The color is nice and so is the exposure. With the small image size it is hard to see how sharp it is but at this size it looks good to me. Great shot! The only thing that would keep me from hanging it on the wall is that I would LOVE to see this a panoramic.

#3.... Sorry.... Wife wants to go for a walk! Have a good one!
 
Great feedback, and love your pics Brian. Great tip on the blending, i'll have to try that! I've tried doing some HDR blending but haven't quiet managed to get my head around it fully yet.

Good catch on the sky. I had added some colored gradient in Lightroom to make up for some whited out sky. Looks like it had degraded part of the pic that i didn't catch when creating it.
 
I love Vancouver. The first photo brings back a lot of memories when I lived there. Very nice photos, but I don't think 2 and 3 is my taste.
 
#3 looks really drunk nut I love the photo.
#2 Beautiful composition!
 
#1. Looks good and can make it a bit more bluish with PP...just a suggestion.
#2. The sun glare spoiled what would've been a neat one...try next time.
#3. I liked it even though I would not want those 2 fingers poping up...:)
#4. The background really spoiled the cute purple flowers...sorry.
#5. The best of the lot and congrats.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom